Thursday, May 31, 2007

..bart kisses the teacher

have u ever see that episode where Bart is sooo happy that he passed the test that he kissed the teacher..I just about planted one on stuart- my doc when he said i could start easing back into running..yep im back on the rehab trail..

deege..the toe thing..there are nerves etc that run all the way from the back down the leg to toe etc..the fact that the toe has no strength means the back nerve or whatever is still being compressed making me unable to fully use my toe...
my aunt is particularly concerned about this toe business(and was very worried when i couldnt walk on my heels...she keeps mentioning neurosurgeon) anyway aunt(physio) has ordered me in to her office on monday for a check which somewhat dampened my hitherto unbridled happiness...

apparently i have not one BUT TWO disc bulges(L4/L5 and also L5/S1)..yay..f.ing yay...and they dont actually get much better ..you just kind of manage them..the second one however is not compressing the nerve so its ok

so tomorrow is a 5min jog..and if that goes ok i can do 15min jog on sat.then break day and build up by 5mins each time til get to 35 mins then drop back to 10mins and can go on a harder surface..its a start!

and geelong is a possibility to race not just jog..well all dependent on how everything pulls up of course.. ;)

so pretty good news i reckon.. oh no squash for months...strengthening core big time..going to do clinical pilates

obviously i decided news like thhis needed its OWN post...thats why two today

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have my fingers crossed for you Jo :)

Anonymous said...

YAY!!

When you go for a run can you tell me what it feels like :-)