Thursday, May 10, 2007

..dentist appointment from hell

...ok..so maybe im a little bit vain..

i went to get my crown re-cemented..all going well..dentist tells me my back teeth in great shape and obviously look after them.. thats where the niceties end.. and i need to get a night mouthguard so i dont grind my teeth

..he then proceeded to tell me how horrible(yes he used those words) my teeth were and that i couldnt possiby be happy with them... (now im paranoid to even smile because of these hideous teeth..aparently i have been walking around completely oblivious..hadnt thought they were THAT bad)..
..and he wants me to get braces(not likely) for 18months and then they will bring the front tooth forward and then they will pull it down because apparently that is the reason it looks darker...that it is not as far forward as the crown..
i walked back home..absolutely devastated..

anyway...cant say im over it..i cant believe how crap i feel

went for a jog... stuck to my plan... walk 400 jog 1.2km(6:15min/k)walk400jog1.2(6:02min/k) felt tight in the leg but think that was it

also booked car in cos the rear muffler has completely detached itself...

great day! ah well it can only get better.. and i will go see another dentist for a 2nd opinion..
EDIT: i was so upset i went and saw another dentist already..she was absolutely lovely, gave me some options.. its going to cost me an absolute packet(less than the braces tho) but basically i need 3 fillings, a night mouthguard, 2 wisdom teeth removed, whitening, and 2 veneers to cover up the slightly shorter front teeth from the grinding...
..so i thought everything was getting better..til on the way out of the dentist i thought the door was open and PLOUGHED headfirst into the glass door!and crooked my thumb back... dear o dear..im such a LOSER today . .maybe i should remove the today part..LOL

2 comments:

Stu Mac said...

Information & various opinions is a great way for you to make choices.

Anonymous said...

{{{{ jojo }}}}

What a shocker of a day .... but it is over now....

Have a great weekend .. and do keep smiling - okay.

Take care

Eat Em