Friday, May 25, 2007

..what a great day..

what a great day today.. had breakfast at a nice little cafe..fruit salad..mmmm mmmm and then walked to the Tan and met Morsey runs for a walk with her effervescent dog.. it was great to catch up with her! good luck for Sri...
then 10 min walk back..aware of my foot but not pain..but am being somewhat cautious too so decided to swim instead of water running as thats the longest walk ive done in a month

..am trying to improve my technique..i am soooo slow an old fat grandpa overtook me doing back stroke!!! anyway i think part of the reason im so bad is my breathing is wrong..i was doing every 3rd stroke but then i have to expel a heap of air before i can suck any in...so i moved to every fourth stroke whihc seemed to work better..
did 30 mins..which i think was 800m(i told you im slow)trying to concentrate on all the things from when i had stroke correction last year is hard work!

am off to the pub for last friday of the month afternoon drinks..so made risotto..ate some before so i wont eat a hamburger...and if i end up being out lateplaying then i will hav esomething relatively healthy when i get home at 2 am..as opposed to the very naughty maccas of 2:30am last week.. naughty jojo

oh and sara..after our hungry jacks discussion i had to use major willpower.. cannot mention it in my presence again..LOL..along with the other word we have discussed..LOL
sandown tomorrow..so i think brian wants me to help out with the juniors and do some timing...went to training last night and said hey to the gang..and they were all very nice...no-one even mentioned the weight ive put on!LOL...maybe theyve seen that death stare of mine before!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had yourself a really nice day :)

When do you think you will be up and running again, any idea?

jojo said...

no idea lee... i see the sports doctor next thursday..so we will see if i have motor function back in the toe..and then he will decide whether to get an injection(which would be at least another 2 weeks off after i see him)Im hoping next thursday he starts me on a rehab program..

Anonymous said...

What a lovely day, there is nothing I love more than just sitting in a cafe with a coffee watching the world go by.

The teenager in me snickers uncontrollably every time I hear the words "stroke correction", sorry, hanging my head in shame.

I reckon I'd be lucky to do 500 metres in 30 minutes.

Hopefully I'll see you tomorrow.

jojo said...

Em..i sooooo didnt even think that til you said it...made me laugh..BIG TIME!!!!!