Thursday, May 17, 2007

..does that mean its good news???

so after all the angst of the last few days..and my sports dr who was fairly convinced what it was...they didnt do the injection..he was extremely surprised

dont know how this makes me feel..part of me is like woohoo...and then..maybe im getting better..could even do a little bit of walk(not well) on my heels..but im trying to cap it so i wont be too disappointed if it doesnt mean that

..and another part is d'oh..i thought we had a plan of attack..what does this mean..could it be something else...

..does this mean i can go back to training..of course the first thing I did was ring my dr and said what can i do to train then(cos I cant wait a week to find out) he said he will call the radiology dept and see if they can fax through the report..
havent heard back from him yet....
im all....jittery..im a bit excited cos i think it does mean i dont have to spend the next 5 days not doing anything..(so i may be back water running...very soon Em..ill bering you some ear plugs..LOL)
cmon dr..ring me back!now pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease
maybe its the fish oil,herbal anti inflamms,swiss ball, stretches or the enforced rest....
EDIT:sports dr rang back...
apparently he is not pleased that they didnt give me the injection..there is a disc bulge between L4 and L5..and the nerve root is swollen..he's going to put me on prednisolone?.. heavy duty anti inflamms...
apparently one of the side effects can be that you go a little hyper...uh oh..you wouldnt like me when i get a bit hyper

anyway hes not working tomorrow and he could tell i didnt want to wait to tuesday to start them so he offered to drop the script of at a chemist for me since hes not working,,,thats very nice of him

anyway so my previous excitement at thinking maybe i didnt get the injection cos i was getting better was well misplaced
THUD
2 1/2 weeks no running befor i even see the dr and start thinking about returning..double thud

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Triple thud, I am too depressed to update my blog but my doc rang and I have been ordered off running for 3 weeks, then back to be re-assesed.

Sigh, anyway, no need to bring me the ear plugs, the more chat the quicker the time passes, if you need a pool buddy you got one :-)

My anti-inflams make me hyper too, pass me the glow sticks