Thursday, May 24, 2007

..ok i admit it...

the first step is admittance.i think i really am an exercise junkie..

I finally FINALLY got to do some exercise today...and it just washed aways sooooo much angst...i have been sooo cranky and just feeling completely crap! moody.fat and horrible..(some of that might have been the anti inflamms..i was warned about side effects) notably after i went off today my resting HR in the morning has returned to 48 whereas this last week it has been hovering in the 60's...big difference
went to the gym today..some uppper body weights
then a pool session(during hte day so i can go watch training tonight)
5 min warm up
6x2min intervals (HR between 160 -170) 1 min rest between
cool down = 30 mins altogether...absolute bliss!!!!!wanted to swim after but decided not to do too much o the first day back

so i have a new plan now.... 6 more weeks off work
gym(upper body) 2-3 times per week
water runnning 5 times per week and one swim as well..and running when i am allowed will replace some of these sessions...

so i feel better already! and its only one day back on the exercise loop..imagine how i will feel tomorrow..all smiles from me today

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a junkie too, I just can't replicate the feeling you get after a great run :-(

How about Monday back in the pool? will txt to confirm on Sunday.

Kathy said...

Glad you were able to exercise. I never was an exercise junkie, but I think I'm on the way to being one. I spent one day on a bus tour the other week and I felt like I'd been caged up.

Have been catching up on your blog and am appalled that you didn't get the injection when it was scheduled. Apart from the sheer inconvenience of it, you'd gone through all the anticipation beforehand. It's enough to have a saint feeling cranky, without adding anti inflamms to the mix.

Your doctor sounds like a good person though. Hopefully it will all be sorted out soon.

Anonymous said...

I used to be an exercise junkie, but age and children have certainly made me lose that urge!

I've always wanted to do a pool session too, but putting on bathers would mean going and getting all my bits waxed and I just can't be bothered at the moment (sad I know!)

Good luck with your exercise schedule.