Tuesday, May 15, 2007

can i cry now......

ok i finally heeded my aunts advice and went to the sports physician. he has told me to have a CT lumbar scan..and more than likely an injection into my spine..into the nerve root of L5.. doctor is convinced its coming from L5..coud still be a disc problem but he thinks this treatment might help..(not fix he made that clear)
no strength in big toe(i was surprised) weaker in the onversion/eversion(sideways movement) and also in the dorsi flexion(pulling foot up towards shin-couldnt walk on heels only)

im a bit nervous..and theyre like you cant drive home..i dont like getting people to do stuff for me..i know my family will be annoyed if i dont tell them..last year when i had to have a breast lump removed-drained..my sister and i had a fight about her not coming(i didnt want her to)..i think ill just get a cab..although the place didnt seem too keen on that idea.. ill think about speaking to my brother.but then he was too busy when i had to have a CT scan of my HEAD! and his comment..you dont have a brain tumour do you..didnt exactly fill me with confidence... i can only imagine what his comment might be this time..and im already a bit nervous

NO RUNNNG FOR TWO WEEKS.. so be prepared for crankypants jo after thursday..no exercise at all for at least 4 or 5 days ....poor Em is going to have to hear all about it tonight

water running with em was great... the time went soooooo much quicker and i felt like i worked pretty hard.thanx Em

5 comments:

Ruune said...

What is it with weird arse tests and treatments that people are having? Anyway all sounds a bit scary, so hope it goes okay.

Anonymous said...

Sorry Jo that things are so grim at the moment. Hope it will all be ok for you.

Take care (((()))) :)

Anonymous said...

No problem, it was a breeze with company, I was quite surprised when you told me it was time :-)

I didn't mind you bending my ear at all. Looking forward to having company in the pool again when you have the all clear.

I'll send you good vibes in Thursday.

Anonymous said...

jojo, so sorry to hear yet another chapter being written in this seemingly never-ending sorry saga!

take care and know that everyone at the Harriers are thinking of you and miss you heaps

Regards Jegster

PS - I wrote something nice about you on the club forums this morning

Celeste said...

Aha! THIS is where you hang out! Welcome to the non-running bandwagon. There seems to be a few of us at the moment. I am past the frustrated and cranky pants point as I enter my EIGHTH week without a run. I am now at the heavy sigh and calm resignation point. I want to run forever, so what is a couple of months when compared to forever - right?