Tuesday, May 22, 2007

..an apology from the radiologist

..my sports dr(who has been excellent at following this up) rang me today with the results and told me i should have had the injection and the radiology dept apologised for not giving it to me..and will try to bulk bill if i have to go back in..which sounds fine..but if these tablets dont work..it means my rehab is 3 weeks in arrears as a result of that decision..so wont be happy if that is the case

was desperate to do exercise today...almost succumbed..instead went and did 20 mins walking..trying to concentrate on strong core and hips not 'dropping' in the pool..some stretches as well..
...slightly more movement in the big toe...not quite strength yet...but has teensy bit of pressure..so fingers crossed...getting some motor function back maybe??

am allowed to do water running but will do in an upright position rather than leaning forward..so will probs be a bit slower tomorrow Em...we will work something out

signed,sealed and delivered..droppped off the paperwork for the new job at the very good school i have accepted a short term position for..

one more day of anti inflamms..apparently if you take them more than 5 days you have to come off them slowly..that scares me..im off tomorrow...yay..no more being a junkie!!!

and hopefully get the eating on track...i ate everything in sight yesterday..healthy snacks...but WAAAAAAAAY too many...weigh in tomorrow

3 comments:

Celeste said...

It's damn frustrating isn't it? I want to ruuuuunnnnnnnnn!!!!

I know you and Em are doing deep water running (at least I THINK that's what you are doing).

Without appearing like a complete doofus - what is that exactly? It sounds like it would be good for me too! Is it just jumping in the pool and "running"? How deep is deep? Chest high? Not touching the bottom??

Kathryn said...

What a bummer with the injection - it's okay for them, they aren't the ones missing out on running!

Anonymous said...

Gggggrrrr, now that is so annoying!! I feel for you, I really do. I hate it when I can't exercise as the depression monkey seems to always catch up with me.

Stay strong :)