Sunday, July 15, 2007

..now where did i put my pom poms...

….goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo SARA.. dancing jumping and doing cheerleading stuff! You rock! Did the Sri chimnory with sara who was aiming for a sub 60 min 10km..which she got…super fantastico!!! 58:42 by the watch add about 13 sec for through the line… she ran really strong
...my back was a little sore from the 6km mark which was a bit of a worry…kept core strong…nd it was good to have sara keep me restrained cos I fond it diffcult to stick to 6m/k pace… so thanks for pacing me sara!

Got there at 6:45..after waking at 5:20(what is with that).. had quite a fitful nights sleep..i think I was in bed by about 1ish??? Not sure so was kinda tired…OMG though..how f.ing cold was it this morning.. I was walking around with my blanket on..it was also my stretching blanket though..
Saw tiger boy ,eat em, supersam.ajh, and a few others there..jumped around at the start with tony(yeah I know im always jumping!)
Ooh did I mention yummy pancakes…mmmmm mmmmm

Back was v.tight at the finish..so came home..grabbed hot water bottle and went and had a snooze..got up for about an hour and had another lay down…
Oh yeah add one more person to the list of people seeing me naked… for some reason my flatmate doesn’t seem to understand if the bathroom door is shut, you need to knock…I know it is a VERY difficult concept …..puuuuuuuuuuuuuuleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!!!

Anyway…di you know(I was a bit excited) there is now WHOLEGRAIIN corn flakes…mmmm that’s what I had for dinner!!! Only a few months ago I was wishing cornflakes were wholegrain…tastes a bit like special K
..start my new job tomorrow..excited nervous … and serioiusly wishing I didn’t have a hideous cold sore as my first impression..

..nice and relaxed though… for many reasons!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great going on the 10km, hope you have pulled up ok today.

It was flipping cold yesterday!!!

JH said...

why add on the 13 seconds? your watch time is the official time as far as I'm concerned.

MorseyRuns said...

Thanks mate- it was a great morning! Hope your back is okay and the new job went well.

Anonymous said...

Is that your first 10km since you were injured??

Well done and I hope you had a smooth first day at work.

Andrew(ajh) said...

Good pacing job Jo ... hope the back pulls up okay!

Stu Mac said...

Well done on sticking with your pacer!!! You so know that 6 min paceis your current long run pace, we all know that the majority go to fast on our long runs!!!

Wholemeal corn flakes - totally agree with the Special K comment, I have both in the cupboard and can hardly tell the dif!

Chicane said...

jojo :)

Chicane said...

hi jojo))) i'm just thinking how accidently i've found your blog)