Saturday, July 21, 2007

..and ossie was always so happy..lol

..ossie ostrich that is of course..
anyway the new reformed runner that i am???

hmmmmm..
anyway went over to a friends house last night, had a coupla drinkies so a nice relaxing evening after a week at school
..woke this morning with the back already a little tight(sore???) had been a little sore yesterday from sitting at my desk marking papers..i think im going to buy an ergo chair..
then it was RACE day(yes im not allowed to race..only run)i love waking up and realising its race day(lol i really am a loser) so trundled off to bundoora but really should have put more thought into my diet as opposed to eating what i felt like this morning)
so ran the first 3 kms way too fast..so tried to slow it down,2nd 3 kms better, last 2 about the right time but at the 25 min mark i thought i was going to throw up the sausage roll i ate..big mistake that S.R all in all 38:45 for a fairly tuff 8km xcountry(quite muddy) but the downhill sections really hurt my back and i have puled up extremely sore.. i should have walked the downhills..was trying to restrain myself to about 41 or 42 mins so again ran faster than i should have which was not the smartes move in the world..but at one stage i thought i was running at 6min/km... obviously i wasnt..oh well done now.. physio said i couldnt run til wednesday
trying to decide what to have for dinner and am staying inside in the warm where my back and the hot water bottle can have some quality time together

saw sam,em-came looking for her at the end but didnt see her, tony,stu and even went and chatted to some students i saw
okey dokey im done
have a great night all
and oopsies.. sorry to jegster whose birthday do last night i completely forgot to turn up to..in my defence(and it is a poor one) i havent been to training last week and hadnt been able to access the emails from my old scholl account) i had thought it was next week... i seriously suck! this is the 2nd time this year I have just completely forgotten to attend something...

4 comments:

Kathy said...

I'm sorry Jo - I have to say it. I'm the oldest of six, which means that I have an automatic big sister response.

For a smart woman who knows exactly what she needs to do to get better, you're a dill! What are you doing to yourself? Do you want to be a runner only until you hurt yourself so badly you can't run any more or do you want to be a runner for the rest of your life?

Ok, lecture over. I hope you pull up ok from this. Please take better care of yourself. I'm glad to hear you're back in the pool next week.

jojo said...

no worries Kathy..thanks...i know i need my butt kicked ..
otherwise i can be a real lunatic.. i can only imagine what my actual big sister will say this afternoon..and i cant lie cos she ALWAYS knows..

Andrew(ajh) said...

What about sitting on a swiss ball - do you have one of those ?

Anonymous said...

But did you hear me yell out "SLOW DOWN" as you came though on the second lap??

Team Sandy were hidden behind a tree near Knox and Malvern, even half our own team couldn't find us.