Thursday, July 19, 2007

..dust yourself off

..one thing before i move on... i know lots of people have disc bulges.. if it was just pain i could live with it and run to my hearts content.. the problem is the nerve issue..to the point where i lost motor function in my foot and couldnt even raise my toes/including big toe...and i have to try to never let it get to that stage(or worse) again..because it actually is quite serious...(and it is an issue i will have forever).. and i havent re-injured myself..its still the same ..i just thought i was further along in my rehab than i am

..anyway having said that.. it time for me to stop being in denial... because i have seriously been in denial about this stupid back.. its time to pick myself up, dust myself off and just get back on with it.. im lucky.. 12 weeks ago i couldnt run at all for 6 weeks and im bitching and moaning about not being able to do speed work..as i know someone would say to me..GET OVER YOURSELF

..i have a great job , that i love...am earning 20% more than i was doing the same job
..i am fit and have lots of friends, and a nice albeit CRAZY family.. so i am a VERY VERY lucky girl :)

..went for a run tonight(back was kinda tight today..but then it always is so went anyway) have listened to physios advice and pegged the distances back..we have agreed on 5-6kms.. but i did also decide i could do slightly faster if comfortable.. i felt really good running...was on balls of feet, core was strong..didnt feel like i was working hard, yet was keeping up a good pace(not for previous but for now...jojo-stop thinking in terms of was...it IS)
so ran 5.63km in 30mins so 5:20min/km.. and it felt easy(ok not easy up the hills)

sigh.and yes back is vtight..but the hot water bottle should help...calves are REALLY tight.. i think that is because i now run on the balls of my feet

so not in the wallowing mood of yesterday..but am quiet reserved little joey bean.. people generally like me more in THIS mood than my hyper excited state that im in half the time LOL

and jay.. i reckon we should definitely catch up for some sorrowful drinks..
.and stu..you know i agree.. i do need to be to be kicked up the butt sometimes..or admonished which is how it came out..lol

3 comments:

Sekhmet said...

Pah, speed work is over rated anyway ;)

I'm drinking myself to sleep tonight (due to being another of the "pitch black absolute silent" crew to get to sleep), so I'll have one for you :)

Ooh, and BB has brought me back three lots of those lovely soft eye masks from Qantas - I just couldn't find any last night and had a bit of a tearful tanty pulling my drawers t bits trying to find them (I got them out in advance tonight lol)

Andrew(ajh) said...

Denial is not good you are right. And it is a very positive step you've made acknowledging that and planning to change your training accordingly.

MorseyRuns said...

Don't be too hard on yourself, there is nothing like a good wallow, some outrageous drinking sessions and eating too much to make yourself feel a bit better. Hope you pull up well from your run.