Thursday, January 3, 2008

..sleepy little jojo

.. gosh i am super sonically tired.. it is weird..
im not a huge sleeper.. yet i fell asleep on the floor last night for 5 min while watching tv(wasnt drinking)..dinner was good though..roast chicken,vegies(baked -no oil) and a big salad..sparkling apple cider..mmmmm...(i am SOOOOOOOO missing my coke zero...... thats what im struggling with..evrything else is fine)
thnen quite struggled to get up this morning...went for a 9.5km-10km(will measure tomorrow) run.. fortunately my freind very nicely offered to run with...why do boys cruise so easily at my pace.. i felt UNFIT today.. i struggled from WOE TO GO.. and stu had told me i had to do some faster 150-ish m strides after about 8km(yeah like i felt like that).. i didnt think i was going to be able to crank out 10kms today... i wanted to give up..but instead i just said to my friend that i was in strugglesville... he decided to run a couple of kms after i finished..i said i would stretchj in the meantime..but really i just lolled around on the ground.... how tired were my legs
..in the debrief with my coach about my run.. he seemd to think that maybe blood donation tuckered me out or the few days running in a row or increase in kms (11,16,rest,7.6,10,10 last 6 days ) but personally i think its the detox(of caffeine) i always feel a bit crap first few days

..then i went out for brunch..although i had to have a foccacia(white) but everything i had on it was good...and then there was a huge amount of chips ont he side..so i asked the girl for another plate to put chips onto..which i did and then pushed over to my friend...what a good girl i am...even though they were serenading me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

then off for 2hour massage..yes 2 hours of pain..neede to get the upper back done after my car crash..lets just say i stopped talking(i know i know) so i could sort of meditate..it was painful..
also corrie seemed to think there was a large gap between 2 of my neck vertebrae and also a big lump which she thought might have been a rotation thing..it all feels beter after the ,assage
..um i thought my right achilles was the worse one today...but once she started workingon it..it became abundantly clear that the left is way worse..yowsers... lower back as expected was TIGHT TIGHT TIGHT..as would be expected since it was sooooo sore the other day..lucky i had stu strap my back the other day
..then home for 2hour nap.. as i sai sooooooo tired.. but then i kept dreaming about car crashing...
quiet night at home tonight... tuckered out little pussycat

5 comments:

Stu Mac said...

Well done on finishing the run and completing the 3 x strides, as I said I threw them in just to change your stride pattern.

I'm convinced you are a little more tired due to the extra training not the Coke Zero (zero sugar, zero caffeine, zero taste lol), have a look in your last few posts over the past weeks, tired has been mentioned a few times.

Well done, lots of running over the three week period, only a LR to go and a short one on Sun then you get to have a race and then we will start to get those speedy legs back.

Andrew(ajh) said...

Speaking totally for myself, and not implying in any way that this applies to you, but falling asleep in front of the TV is a sign of getting older!

Kathy said...

I think the blood donation would have something to do with it JoJo. A friend of mine who is a serious runner (AFL boundary umpire) was really knocked about by a blood donation one season.

Sounds like you're doing a good job of that detox. As for boys, apart from running more easily they seem to lose weight just by thinking about it (generalisation here Andrew - I know you worked at it). It's definitely not fair!

JH said...

"why do boys cruise so easily at my pace?"

It's because you run too slow!

Derrrr....

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I hate it when I do a tempo run on the tan and boys are just bounding past me like they are out for an easy stroll, I try to keep it in perspective.

I agree with Stu, you are training more and you need to get used to it. As I have moved up past the 50km a week mark the last couple of weeks I have been weary as well. In fact I almost fell alseep driving home yesterday, on the eastern freeway, YIKES!

Make sure you are replenishing your glycogen by eating a high carb snack within an hour of your runs. Hi GI fruit or fruit juice will suffice.