Sunday, January 20, 2008

...ho hum

... i am missing my sister dreadfully today(and the little rugrats :( sunday was a day when i would almost always see them..and i rang them thursday morning which was lovely.. but well..but...well... :(

so last night i went out and caught up with a friend for a gossip..shes a shocker...lol anyway after walking from teh bridge hotel bridge road, to the richmonmd hotel in swan st..and then later back..i was an absolutely drenched pussycat..my jeans were wet half way up my calves... ummm i mustve been splooshing in puddles...had a few too many drinky poos... i wont tell you the reason she was soooooooooooooo late meeting me..but she was VERY apologetic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i was standing sround in a bar solo for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time..... hmmmmm fun...

woke up this morn..feeling a bit dehydrated(and i had drunk a litre of water over the course of the night) so was going to run down at stkilda but got told by STU when i texted him to not run on concrete.. my achilles was REALLY sore when i woke up and i contemplated water runnning but he didnt seem very impressed by that.. so i ran at albert park.. all up 80mins 15kms at a pace of 5:21min/km felt pretty strong..but the achilles and the back were both giving me grief ..and i strapped both...ummmm its pretty hard to strap your own back.. i always know its not great when it hurts for me to lean forward to get a drink from the tap :(
..both achilles sore when i finished ..touched the left and was surprised how sore... and ummmmmmmmm when i touched the right...i kinda yelped like a puppy dog who's tail has been stood on.... just a quick aside..my brother once told me i was playful like a puppydog..thats my favourite description,,just makes me laugh
..ooops get back on track jojo
... so two sore achille and a slightly sore ankle(i hurt this one 2 years ago and occasionally it just needs to be strapped for 2 days) and so i decided too many individual things to ice so i wopuld attempt an icebath
...holy guacamole batman
..how on earth do people do it.. iwas in for 30s and my feet hurt sooooo much i could not stand it...got back in for another 30s and gave up...the feet were horrible...i just couldnt do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and no way ,no how could i get my bare little bot bot anywhere near it(yes i tried) i ended up kneeling... ummmm not gonna rush back for an icebath i can tell you

..and ive already had an argument woth the flatmate so dont feel like being at home(which is y i am in an internet cafe cos i dont have internet access at home til tomorrow..and yes i could handle not blogging for a day..but any excuse to get away from crazy flatmate) and i called 'my friend' to see if he wanted to hang out...nup...well i did get the 'you can come over if you want(it might have been really want) but it was obviously a reluctant and not keen invite....so i didnt like to put him out by actually going... a

..the silly thing is..yesterday the flatmate and i were getting along really well.. aaaah the joys of being home

..im a grumpypants today.. and really quite tired(not tird this time jh...and if you're gonna pick on my typos...you really are going to waste a LOT of time..lol)
..man these internet geeks on this cafe swear a LOT..every second word is the FBomb(they are playing games) my poor delicate ears are feeling violated
..ok i spose i should go home now

5 comments:

Andrew(ajh) said...

Seriously Jo, with such sore achilles, is running so much a resally good idea?

Kathy said...

I'm glad Andrew said it JoJo. What he said.

Hey, good call on not going over when the invite is half-hearted. Sounds like the internet cafe might not be the best place to pick up though!

JH said...

Oh, can I pick on Andrew's then?

"resally"

Anonymous said...

Well done, I was thinking about you today, 15km on your own is an excellent effort. I am worried about your achilles though, maybe time to see the sports doc.

Now, here is how to cope with an ice bath.

Buy a bag of ice, one bag is good for 2 ice baths. Put plug in bath and half a bag of ice and get in, I just wear what ever I was running in. Then start to fill the bath with cold water, you only need to cover your legs. By the time there is enough water in there it is not so bad.

If you fill the bath with water and ice and then try to get in it is much harder. The water doesn't need to be ICE cold, about 12 degrees is about right.

Kathryn said...

I think I'd be a real sook about taking an icebath! I have enough trouble getting in the ocean.

Nice going with the 15km. Hope you're feeling less sore tomorrow.