Tuesday, January 22, 2008

...finally....some speed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

..ok.. so am pretty happy with tonight;s events
the analysis
1500m 5:41(so approx 3:47min/km pace) a pb since i returned to running(ran faster 20 years ago when i was like 10)..and a whopping 13s faster than my slow little legs would carry me last week.. i acually wore my garmin and told myself i needed to be running 3:50 pace or better and so anytime i looked and i want hitting it-i ran faster,,, splits were 91,93(stu called out to tell me to push it a bit harder and not drop off)92, and then 65s for last 300................... previou RPB 5:45 so was very happy... achille so-so
..had to run the 4x100m as we only had 4 girls..fortunately we were last when i received baton cos i told themi was only cruising it
..the 400m i was particularly worried about..cos achilles was VERY sore.. i gave it a fairly harsh massage prior to race so i could have some movement in there..and ran 69.86..was really pushing in the straight cos there was a girl half metre ahead..and we did a bit of a race against each other(i think we were 4th and 5th) i just manged to get her i think..but i would have been grimacing quite a bt when i finished cos achillles was VERY VERY sore..have since iced and have physio tomorrow... and stu has ordered me into the pool instead of running tomorrow :(
..i also did shot put 6.18 but wasnt happy with my back which was sore(im always happy if i throw over 6m..cos im really quite crap!!!
..also just in case im needed..and ONLY to qualify..i went over to the very start of high jump (maybe i should call it low jump) and jumped a meter(yes not good for my back i know) then said right im done...lol.. stu was like...my son can jump that...and im like..yes well i wasnt trying,... i just needed to qualify IN CASE we dont have anyone for finals
..at the moment i should be in the 400,800 and maybe shotput??
oh and the person who heckled me last week didnt ..lol..he was a bit snooty...when he saw me he called me a baby or something(LOL-much less precious tonight..but also it wasnt while i was racing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and my reply was bully!poked out my tongue and dashed off...gosh im a mature little pussycat

oh the 400m was 69.86 which i thought was a pb but notice on my blog it says 69.27pb so will have to go check it out
..so yes STU...you were right and i just had to be patient AND the speed would return(hes back in the good books) and im sure hell be pleased that i can stop whinging about how slow i am... fingers crossed for a sub 5:40 1500m next week??

...and yes I REALLY enjoyed racing tonight.. i seemed to be more focussed
..oh and even nicer one of the young girls from willi that i hang out with..i was saying i was one of the oldest women running..theres not a lot of senior women that seem to run..and she was quite earnestly saying noooooooooooo i dont think so...and ive gone well im in my 30s...and she was suitably shocked and is like noooooo i thought you were late 20's... god love her :) so a nice ego boost as she wasnt faking it..lol
..also was talking to clare..who usually runs a 400m and is very close to my times...(not running tonight) and we were talking about squash..and she's gone...yeah you look like a squash player..lol..does that mean i look like i run into walls...hehe.......ummmmm not sure if i should say this out loud.... but im thinking about jumping on the squash court tomorrow..ummmmmm and having a hit with my freind not doing drills....
i) i have physio afterwards ii) its been 9months iii) i miss it iv) i miss being good at something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! v)ill never know if i dont try vi) i have to start the comeback sometime vii) i WANT to play state grade(and im soooo close) viii) IM JUSTIFYING big time..and yes the back is already sore at the moment so i should wait another week ix)did i mention im a NOW girl x)i want to start playing again NOW ok better go..before i count to 100 in roman numerals....lol

5 comments:

Stu Mac said...

Congrats on the times & the racing tonight! Yes I did say the times would come down, so I suppose I'll go with, Ï told you so".... :)

And yes there is more to come in the next few weeks.

30 min of water running tmrw followed by loads of stretching, then later on some core & strength work, (squats, lunges & push ups).

Again well done and yes next week is your last 1500m for the season so sub 5:40 will be a nice finish. Then a few easy days and then then the Region Finals where you can have a go at the 800m.

JH said...

you're in your thirties?

jojo said...

..yes jh.. youd better not be saying you thought i was older...LOL

Andrew(ajh) said...

Wow Jo, that is pretty speedy ... too fast for me. Well done!

Anonymous said...

Hey well done , that's some great improvement last night :-)

At the start of the year I was run leading the Run for the Kids sessions and a 19 year old said she thought I was 25, I nearly choked LOL