Tuesday, January 15, 2008

.... ooooooooh..is racing going to be good...bad..or ugly!!

... sooooo i have racing later today.... ummmmmmm you may recall- last weeks racing was abysmal
...ive also been told my expectations for myself are too high(what..my only expectation is that im not the crappest runnner of ALL time(which is kinda what i was last week) and that i dont run 11s slower than my coach wanted me too!!!!!!!!!!! thats bad.. it doesnt matter what time you run as long as its within your expectation range.. i was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay below expectation
...and it doesnt help today that i got my little friend tommy.. although it does explain why chocolate looked tempteing yesterday..and also whay i have been a bit faint lately
..and just confirm my status as a whinger...my achilles is SH!TBOX.. went to physio yesterday..its very strapped up...shes worried its going to become a chronic injury..and i have to go back to the physio tomorrow

...anyway lets get onto the more positive..my car is gorgeous.. my sales guy chris rang me up and asked me how it was all going and i said yep all cool..ive even given him 2 names-the car that is...(his official one and then his 'play' name.. he laughed and told me he was going to be chuckling about the name all day.. have i mentioned it previously?????? if not...go on have a guess... what do you reckon i may have called him????????hmmmm its the best name EVER... and yes my friend did roll his eyes at me...lol
..im going to head up to lorne for thurs friday which should be lovely..some boogey boarding..pubbing etc.. it will be great..cant wait
..ohhhh and did i mention..i think for the first time in 7 weeks...i have had over a week without back pain..how awesome is that..i was telling my aunt(physio) i thought i may have turned a corner..and she has tentatively agreed

so tonight for racing im a bit of a 'mummy' strapped back,strapped achilles that goes half way up my leg...im an attractive little princess, i am!!!

ps she really is the best aunt in the world...she gives me physio all the time and its her place in lorne(just out of) that im staying at

3 comments:

Stu Mac said...

Rightio...Coach Stu's pre race predictions...

100m - not impressed, BUT, I understand you need to run it for your Club.

800m - slightly fresher this week and if you can get close to 80 for the first lap you should manage sub 2:45

1500m - run it by feel, consistant laps. I'll chat to you b4 the race, 5:50ish, hopefully better.

Water running....hmmmm, sandhills....even better.... lol

jojo said...

water running sounds good...SAND HILLS are you kidding me..which part of an achilles issue have you missed stu!!!!(oops hope he doesnt read that b4 he sees me tonight!!!!..lol

Andrew(ajh) said...

Good news about the back.

And definitely got to keep in with any relative with a nice house near the beach!