Thursday, January 24, 2008

..oooohhhh atta girl jojo

..before i forget(cos we all know what im like...lol) Andrew that would be great to run together..im not sure if i could maintain that either ..last year i did 70:03 which is sub 5min kmss and probs 4:48-ish(stu is reluctant to give me ANY predictions at this stage...booo hiss...lol
..em you reserve judgement but i reckon youre more than able...but since its all on concrete i wouldnt like you to go too hard and hurt yourself
..day started well not... left my wallet,training program(was having a squiz last night)and shoes at my freinds house...lol..so had to go pick up the stuff from his work today..i am such a freaking moron
..super happy with tonights set.. supposed to do 4x200@45s 4x400@90s 4x200@45s

so did a 2.5km warm up..and for the first time the pain in my achilles for the first km wasnt excruciating..woohoo..just uncomfortable..then some buttkicks(?)knee lifts...sidesteps... and some run throughs
200m's 40,42,42,42
400m's 87,86,86,86 FINALLY hit under the 90s..which i havent been able to do the last 2 session
200m's 41,40,42,37 stu told me to stretch out on the last 120m of the last one..i was pretty spent by then 800m cool down and watched everyone else train
approx 6.8kms
...i felt really strong today..and a couple of people actually came and said this to me...and 2 other people separately told me my style/technique looked very good :)
so miss j is very happy..getting some speed back
..am icing achilles...back was quite sore so hopefully that will go soon!!!!!

you have no IDEA how nice it is to finally be running the paces i was running prior to the nasty back injury...9 damn months ago
big smiiles from this little tacker...yay me

5 comments:

Stu Mac said...

Concrete on the R4K???? If that's the case I will not be there, but I suspect you mean bitumen (road), a big difference.


Well done on tonight's session, BUT (there is always a but), I hope you didn't kill yourself trying to go under the times, CONTROL is very IMPORTANT.

Sub 5:40 next week and then some field events and that should be it until the Region Final on the Saturday!!! (yes NO 400m).....

Andrew(ajh) said...

Okay them Jo, it's a date.

I did 1:08 last year I think, so about the same as you. I'm not stressed about a PB - the R4TK is about the event I reckon, but it will be great to finally have our run together on such a special day!

Kathryn said...

Well done on getting back to your pace:D

MorseyRuns said...

Hey that is great news! Looking forward to handing you a drink as you and Andrew go speeding by.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your times little Miss Gonzales!!

It should be a great fun run and I'm looking forward to having a few drinkies afterwards!