Wednesday, January 9, 2008

..ohhhhhh i was supposed to be racing

...i think the whole point of racing is to go FAST!..ummm if youve ever played scrabble,..throw all the letters back in for a new set.. lets see a w, an L an O and a s... hmmm what does that spell SLOW.. that was me tonight..but i dont just do things by half,,,, no no no...that would be very unjolike... i was SUPER slow.. my worst 800..a mediocre3km and a woeful 400..slower than my cruisey 400 i did first run back from injury
..the whole meet was RUBBISH for me
2ish km warm up...achilles pretty bad
the 800 m supposed to aim for 78,82 type thing for a 2:40 um 82/89 2:51..PITIFUL yep you read right..and i thought the 2nd lap was the same pace... it was ABYSMAL.. i think i should hang up my racers..
..but no..i went back for MORE.. yes one humilation is not enough
..stu had wanted me to do 100 sec laps fpr the 3km to end up with 12:30... after the 8 i did say i thought i may need to go slower... i did closer to 110s 400metres..basically runnning 4:30min/km pace with a 13:31 time... ummm it was pretty consistent and i overtook a lot of people... oh and it was really weird being int he same race as stu... i thought he might lap me... he missed me by 10 metres.. i wrote a VERY funny comment on his blog.... in by best maxwell smart voice...missed me by THAT much ... lol.. i really do crack myself up
and with barely any recovery between they ran a special race for the 3km=ers to do the 400 m ummm i dont even want to post my time... it is 8seconds slower than the last 400m i did... yep 8 seconds..that is just crazy 78s
800m cooldown which was actually quite fun! so 7kms including racing isnt too bad

..ooh and it was a bit weird... i got asked to go to the beach tomorrow by some dude tonight(yes i do know him but there has never been ANY indication he woudl invite me somewhere..maybe he was just being freindly) im getting better at squirming out of these things now though!!!..oh yeah and english dude asked me to meet him the other night..no way no how... i told him i was busy.. maybe i could just lie and tell him i have a boyfriend...lol... but i am one big fat bad liar

..oh i bought a computer today..my friend came with me(and apart from calling me a fat pig was well behaved..lol..im kidding..he said i would squeal like a pig if my hair got caught in this thing so i told him he called me a pig...was joking of course..and then he said i should just eat healthy or somethiing so i told him he called me fat(again joking) so after that i kept telling him he had called me a fat pig..lol...i really am quite painful!!!!!..and so he played video games while i made the guy give me cheaper stuff.. this was the second shop(same shop different suburb) because i didnt like the first salesman.. i actually had a good time... and yes andrew..the credit card...most definitely needs to go away... oops have to go spend 19000 tomorrow...after that..i promise

..oh and this diet is doing weird things to my belly... sorry to share...but im sure 6 times is way too many times in a day!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

7km is definitely nothing to be sniffed at even if you think the racing bit was not up to scratch.

I would love to buy myself a lap top. I am forever fighting to use our computers at home and we have both, a home and a lap top!!! Drives me insane, lol.

Stu Mac said...

Just to clarify, there must have been some confusion, I was hoping you could run each lap of the 3k in 105 sec or so and run about 13 min.

Good things come to those who work hard and wait! I'm sure you will see the results shortly.. ;)

Coach Stu