Sunday, January 6, 2008

..all quiet on the western front

..its all quiet on jo-land at the mo ,.. no late night drinking..no shenanigans..no eating fun stuff..no drinking.....even my friend is not around...........booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooring

..whats a gal to do... except..go running :)
my session supposed to be 6-8km very easy(as racing tuesday and am very fatigued)
..decided to do the bare minimum(which is actually rare for me) so did
6kms@5:15 pace which didnt feel anywhere near as easy as it should
..i rang stu afterwards just to say that i had no speed in my legs and was worried about racing tuesday... he was nonplussed... i told you that would happen... sigh...hes such a know it all..well so tuesday appears like it wont be fast :( but then it was necessary to build my base to see better results in a coupla meets!!
i think ill do the 800 and also the 3km to make sure ive qualified for finals..and if they dont run it concurrently(wich REALLY annoys me when they do) i will give the 400m a crack.. would be pretty tired after that..
km splits
5:25,5:13,5:16,5:15,5:14,5:04 nad i was pretty hot and sweaty at the end of it too! and i stretched..really truly..i even held my stretches for a FULL count of 20 - i get told off cos usually ive done 3 stretches by the time someone else has only done one
...ummmm achilles was..how to put it nicely...SHITE.. stopped and stretched after 500m as i was limping badly... got a tad better but still not great..i might see my aunt 4 some ultra sound on it prior to racing tuesday..guess i have to continue on with anti inflamms..i had high hopes this morning as it didnt hurt in bed when i woke up
..off to willi for a picnic with some friends..im contemplating a 2 beer break..not breaking with food..im being good food wise
..this is what im taking
dip: tofu mashed with salmon,lemon juice,garlic,spring onion,black pepper and loads of chilli(coriander might be alright too but i dont have any)
croutons:cut up into squares some heavy rye bread...oil spray on top..sprinkle some paprika bake in hot oven til top is crunchy,.turn over for only a bit in oven..then you have a dipper that is liver freindly :)
egg sandwiches: made with appropriate mayonaise..i use norganics even tho it may have a tiny bit of sugar... sometmies you cant get exactly what you want
..and i will take mineral water to TRY not to have beers

..but at least if i break...it wont be a bad break
...ummm i know im whinging but...i hate detox-ing... it sucks all the fun out of life
...lol... im such a baby..another week in and i will actually be enjoying it... i am LOVING the dry roasted pistachios that i have been inhaling last few days
..time for me to go make some sangers!!!!!! ciao ciao xoxo

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

it does suck, vegan detox sux even more. I LOVE food, let me repeat that I LOVE FOOD, it is one of the greatest pleasures in life, 3 weeks to go aghhhhh.

It is the planning that kills me, you can't leave anything to the last minute and I am ODing on legumes because I detest tofu so I have to get my protein from lentils and stuff. I am having a treat tonight, home made wedges with salsa.

I really missed my lemonade after my long run today too.

I reckon a couple of beers at your picnic will be fine, bet they taste great as well ;-)

Andrew(ajh) said...

What about low-carb beers - have you tried those?

jojo said...

..yep..i think ive decided to go back to my original plan of alcohol detox in feb... i got a bit excited(how UNLIKE me!!) when em was starting...will stick to the food for both months..but i am on holidays and its party time...and yes im rationalizing...BIG TIME

JH said...

The cheap Adrenalines at Sportsmart in Northcote. If you keep your eye open you'll see them around the traps from time to time.

Don't go to the Brook outlet shop though, they've got NUTTIN.

Anonymous said...

Jojo, your life is never "quiet"!!