Wednesday, January 23, 2008

..sigh..more physio

..i may have mentioned achilles was pretty sore yesterday..i iced it..which is MAGIC and seems to be hte best thing for it(so the plan is to do this EVERY run for a while...did you listen to that miss jojo!!!!!)
it was a bit sore when i woke up.. so went water running,,,, ok so there was a fair bit of bitching and moaning about that(i think its because it just makes me think of when i was injured)
i did 30mins of water running(which stu has said i can count as 5kms!!!) thats after forgetting my watch(and my heart rate monitor..which i went home for and got the heart rate monitor..but forgot the watch again dóh which also meant i couldnt use the damn heart rate monitor...god im a ditz)and forgot my goggles..dammit so it cost me $30 in the end for the swim dóh
..then off to physio.. happy with an improvement in my achilles... am going to apply for run for the kids.. which stu will not give any indication..i want to do 4:30-4:40min/kms... cmon em are you in for that..you can drag me along
..back at work next tuesday..
..and as my comment said jh..yes im in my thirties,,,were you implying im older!!!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Missy, how's it going?

Go speedy!

Now, what do you want me to do with the food you left in the cupboards? And your calcium tablets. Oh yeah, there's a couple of pairs of socks here too!

JH said...

Oh no, Jojo. You don't look a day over 39.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I am in for the 15.1km R4K but haven't got around to entering yet, don't let me forget.

Very very very nervous about running fast over 15km though and doubt very much I could manage 4:30s, just don't think the long distance endurance is at that level yet.

Andrew(ajh) said...

Hey Jo - if you're aiming at 4:30-4:40 min/km for R4TK, I wouldn't mind being in your "pace group"! I'm not sure I can sustain it for the whole race, but I'll give it a go. It will be interesting to see if this nearly "50-something" can keep up with the 30-something!

And Em, don't stress about the 15.1km, it's only 14.1km, isn't it?