Saturday, February 2, 2008

... woohoo

.. so racing today... i was in the 800 first.. it was VERY funny on the way, i got a phone call from my coach... have you eaten..you're running in 2 and half hours..and make sure you drink 600mls in the next hour..you do have a water bottle dont you.. lol.. its quite cute really...
did my 2km warm up and hte achilles was NOT feeling great...wasnt feeling great when i awoke either... i had alreaady got my friend to tape my back
..it felt windy to me(and other people i spoke to) even though stu reckons it wasnt.. i ran 2:42 which is a pB since i returned to racing... then off to hammer where i did a pb... lol... 13.x and i was going to have a 3rd throw but then my back was feeling a bit niggly so i left it.. then shotput..threw 6.13 which is reasonable for me...not many near that(i was down the bottom of the pile) but saw someone was 6:33 so i aimed to beat that..did a more 'professional' shotput.ie technique and threw 6.39 followed by 6.47 which was a pb... then off to the 400m.. you may remember last week one of my grls beat my time by 0.2.. anyway as i was div2 third fastest ranking, in my team they put me in with the div 1 3rd ranked people and i decide to go out faster..which i did..and then i tried everything i could to catch this girl but just couldnt... i did however run a pb at 68.51 (previous pb 69.27 and seasons best 69.86)stu just came over ,showed me the time and looked a bit smug..he has been telling me for weeks i should be running 68 and i was lazy!!!!!!! so i pb'd(well the 800 was a pb since i was 10) so a pretty good day at the office... my only BUT is that i reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally wanted to run 2:40 or less in the 800... so pb'd all of my events...thanks stu...getting better at the right end of the season :)
results not out til tomorrow so dont know if we got through to the shield final(which is the biggie) i have a feeling we may have....no progress scores

..on fri night went out and had an absolutely lovely dinner at seagrass(certainly not cheap) but i did enjoy... although a wine with dinner would have been nice..
okay..i can hardly keep my eyes open.. nighty night

EDIT: results are out.. the coburg women are the new region premiers..that is just 2 awesome woo hoo the overal l SHIELD final in two weeks!!!!!!!!! i really do LIKE racing!!!!!!
our div2 men and div 3 men came 3rd so just missed out, our div 4 mens are 2nd(but only by 3 points) after hte first draft so fingers crossed that remains the same

2 comments:

MorseyRuns said...

Great days racing mate- all those pbs. No wonder Stu looked smug!

Stu Mac said...

SBs & PBs - CONGRATS.

And congrats to your Div 2 Women's team, off to the Shield Final and then you will be promoted to Div 1 and replace the Western Aths top team.