Friday, February 15, 2008

..the many faults of jojo

..im a little obsessive about things
..i panic and fret and stew over things causing way way too much angst for myself
..have bouts of insecurity(especially around TOM)
..i annoy a lot of people cos i am very loud at times
..i cackle and laugh hysterically at my own jokes
..i tell terrible jokes
..well i wont even go into my body ..but ill leave it at that-its fairly obvious i dont like it..it doesnt help when your coach tells you, you would run faster if you lost 5kgs
..i can be incredibly insecure..oops wrote that above-it deserved a double post
..i can be a little bossy at times
..i often think i know best(lol..and of course .. i do)
..i lack moderation..drink toomuch..eat too much..party too much..
..my teeth(recall monster teeth saga :(
..driving- i suck
..can be very stubborn
..not great wth money... and a bit of a shopaholic
..do not share my deep feelings very well..a little emotionally stunted
..men..need i say more..i suck at the whole dating game
..im an ostrich
(and at least 50 more)

...ok got that all out of my system
on the plus side..
..i try to be nice to people
..im friendly
..i like to think im generous
..extremely loyal(dont ever say bad stuff about my family..lol...as a little tacker i stormed over and yelled at someone once when they were mean to my sister
id say funny..but we all know what a strectch this is

..purpose of this post..nada ..zilcho... i mostly like who i am.. lots of things that i need to change but hey i got years to work on that!!!!!!!!!!!!! and no i dont need a pep up... its an honest appraisal
-yep definitely gotta be TOM shortly for me to be in this mood
racing tomorrow..am excited..nervous cos my bf (best friend)is coming to see me(and i dont think she realises just how crap i am) AND shes bringing the other girl who was the bridesmaid along as well... how incredibly boring for them.. but it will be nice to have her there...
..for all her shortcomings(lol) i love her to death..she has been my best friend since 1985 :)

so aims for tomorrow
800m sub 2:40
3km 12:30-12.45 ish(dont know havent spoken with coachy coach)
400m- given its 5 mins after i finish 3km, i will be happy with anything under 71
sp- pb is 6:49 or 51 cant remember...will be happy with a pb

oh and stu is letting me race on tuesday again if they have a second heat in the victoria milers thingy at sandringham... yay... i dont know if it is obvious or not... but i LOVE to race

7 comments:

Kathryn said...

A lot of those negatives are positives as well -- like being stubborn shows you're determined (like the way both you and Em stuck to your pool running last year when injured - that really shows strength of character when it's so easy to give up). Bossiness = good leadership skills and obsessiveness = attention to detail.

I reckon most personality traits aren't positive or negative - just two sides to the same thing and it depends how you see them.

Btw is being a shopaholic meant to be a BAD thing????

Stu Mac said...

This is the third time I have attempted to leave a message...bloody 'slowband' internet..


Thankfully I am a running coach only, tmrw run your 800m similar to the Region Final and sub 2:41 should be there! 3000m will see 5 laps of 100 sec per lap and then if anything is left in the tank you will go sub 12:30. The 400m will be survival and I suggest you just let that happen.

Sun, a very easy run walk for 60 min.

Mon - rest

Tue - VMC 800m, hopefully with a pacemaker if I or OM can organise.

Andrew(ajh) said...

As Kathryn said there are a lot of things on the negative list that are really positives. And I'm sure (from what I know of you, although this is limited), that that list of positives is a lot longer (that is, you've left a lot of things off).

Anonymous said...

They are not faults they are just all the things that make up the chick called jo that we know and love.

Have fun racing tomorrow, I know you will :-)

JH said...

Yes, but on the plus side, your punctuation is beyond reproach.

MorseyRuns said...

Come on JoJo- you know that positive list is a little on the lean side- I can think of plenty more things to add. Hope today went well.

Kathy said...

JoJo, are you sure your list is about you? You've got some of mine down there too! Mind you, I kind of like that I crack myself up at my own jokes, and I prefer to think of it as "helpfully pointing others in the right direction" rather than "bossiness".

It's been a while since I caught up on your blog. What a whirlwind! My head hurts. I'm sorry cookie monster got scratched. The boots are great. How did many valentines did you get? Did you get the PB you wanted?