Sunday, February 10, 2008

..a run of two halves


..a run of two halves.. yes seems like a blindingly obvious statement..as everything has two halves.. but it was like i did two different rnus today
.the first one where i had to stop twice cos i thought i was going to hurl(yes out drinking last night) and the second where i started to feel reasonable although it really did feel like i was running faster than 5:32 pace.. so ibasically ran teh tan back and forth omitting the anderson st hill(as achilles wouldnt like it-nor would head today) ummmm teh run was not fun..as soon as i finished i got a raging headache(oviously a bit dehydrated) but it was the first time ive done a long run as opposed to a pool long run in about 3or 4 weeks
sigh..both achilles were niggling a bit..not hideously so and in fact the left is more sore than teh right,..(i thought i had that one sorted!!!)ouch except when you touch the right it seems... and sigh..back is rather tight as well..not bending over well :(
..told my team i will not be doing hammer this weekend for the shield final

ok party time... so i drank bucketloads last night... never got to that drunk and annoying stage..had one of those great tipsy which makes you funny nights...barrel loads of laughs last night :)
..anyway went out to dinner with a gf -we sunk a bottle of wine
get to the party and some guy came up to me an dis like- hey you were at a wedding hte other night..but you didnt say much to me..my response..oh.... and then he laughed and is like..you were soooooo busy gasbagging to evry other person there..and ive gone..well you couldve spoken to me...and hes like..well there was never a time you werent talking to anyone... now i dont like to be rude but i did feel like saying..well i was there to hang out with my friends..which you are not my friend.... but i didnt...
..and then hows this
..later on i was coming out of the loo and this other guy grabbed me and is like come here for a sec..and i go nah ive gotta get back..anyway he half dragged me..and then before i knew it-he was about to plant one on me..i only just managed to turn my head and say no i dont want (it was completely unexpected- i think id only said two words to him)..but get this.. if you tell someone you dont want to..you shouldnt have to justify it
..but when someone says..why not..i was taken aback... and im like... well im seeing someone and youre too young for me... and then hes like no im not im 33(so he was right in that case) and then i just said oh you dont look 33 and walked off.. he was fine about it later..lol
i ended up staying at my gf's house(havent done that in ages!!!!)
so it was a fun night... but my head hurts now..and im going to have a nap-nap
at least i got through the 12.6km even if i did have that right up the top of the throat and i might spew feel for 5kms of it
edit: well my friend rang me(literally as i was walking out the door to meet him) to tell me he wanted to cancel our dinner...because he was going out to dinner with a big group of people .. sooo glad i spent the time to put make up on.. dont get me wrong im not mad at him.. im more annoyed at myself actually!!!!!!!.. ..on the plus side i wont be tired at work tomorrow i guess ..im going to have an early night

4 comments:

Kathryn said...

No way should you have to justify not letting some stinky guy maul you. No one wants to be kissed by a tool.

Well done on running today. I just can't run after drinking.

Anonymous said...

Now I don't want to be a wowser here, but should someone with achilles problems be wearing heels that high ?

They look great though!

Anonymous said...

Very nice boots there!!

lg said...

Hmmm, why wouldn't you won't some drunk guy all over you!!!! I wonder!

Love the boots, unfortunately, I couldn't wear anything that high - I would just topple over! I'm sure they look sensational on though