Sunday, February 3, 2008

...good grief jojo...how do you manage it..time and time again?

...good grief jojo...how do you manage it..time and time again?
..hmmmm......
ok lets do running first so people like my coach dont have to read the whole 'saga' post
...was supposed to do 60-75mins running today... woke up and well to put it nicely my achilles was extremely sore(even walking) and my back..well it is kinda hating me right now for doing hammer .. put more succinnctly.... my body could not possibly have managed a run(i tried in my house and ummmmm it wasnt going to cope)
..so water running it was... i was feeling pretty fatigued for the last 40 mins or so... did 75mins.. arms were tired too... im amazed at how tired i was after 2 track events and 2 field events..maybe the sun had something to do with it.....

...ok so then i decided i deserved to go shopping and buy myself a present for my RPB 800m and pb's in 400m and shot and hammer..lol
..stopped at the bank...went to lunch.. off to big w(to buy some undies as ummm i kinda had to go commando as i 4got to take undies to the pool) and some mascara(what kind of girl am i when i dont have any??????) get to the checkout...ummmmmmm no walllet in my bag.... and stu has told me on several occasions that i walk around with my bag open and that it could fall out or someone could take it...so i was a bit paranoid.. went back to where i bought lunch, back to the shop...nope...and im think sh1te im in a shopping centre ...people could be using it immediately(which apparently happened to someone last week at highpoint) so i called both of my banks and cancelled my 2 credit cards and my 2 access cards... i then managed to fin centre management and was speaking to the lady..she said are you ..joanne..yes... keep speaking for a bit... how do you know my name... you gave it to the ladies downstairs..she kept speaking... and im like are you sure my wallet wasnt handed in...no it wasnt.... im pretty sure i didnt give my name to anyone... well you mustve...and then i started thinking maybe i went into a sort of panic mode and forgot???? ok then ..where did i give my name so she directed me.... and you have to picture me looking confused when i went up to the information desk...ummmmmm was i her earlier??? lol.. i lost apurse,... and then i started laughing when they gave it to me(no i hadnt been there) and i explained what she was saying... so i kinda wish i hadnt cancelled my cards..but it was the right thing to do..... i always laugh when they go ..was your pin with your card.... who would do that...seriously?????
..anyway obviously i WAS not meant to be shopping today!!! so happy to have hte purse back.. (but cursing about cancelling cards...nice that there are honste people around :)lucky i had taken a hundred dollars out before i lost it(left in the food court!!!!) so i do have some cash till new cards...lol
..i am one heck of a ditz
..oh and jeg.. im sorry if you misinterpreted what i wrote on ausrun :( was not meant offensively

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Believe it or not after working in my bank's call centre for 18 months almost 8 years ago now I can assure you plenty of people do keep their PINs with their cards, seriously!!!

I almost lost my mobile this morning, it got left behind in the xray thing at the airport.

Kathryn said...

Bummer about your achilles and back.

I always walk around with my bag open and people tell me to close it but it's so much bother. Plus it takes me five minutes of rummaging around to find my wallet in there so good luck to anyone else.

Andrew(ajh) said...

OMG Jo, what is it with you and losing thing. I nearly lost my phone today too. I got up from the chair in the restaurant and it had fallen out of my pocket. Fortunately I noticed it.

Stu Mac said...

OMG Jo, please remind me never to let you look after anything on mine.... lol


Well done on the 75 min water run, a good 12-14km in the bank!

Stu Mac said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

So glead your purse was returned to you, bummer about cancelled cards!

I lost my mobile 2 weeks ago but then found it a couple of hours after putting a barr on it. It took my phone company 2 weeks to unblock the phone! Very annoyed and will be changing phone companies when contract is up, ggrrrrr!

JH said...

not to worry jojo, that's exactly the sort of thing I'd do.

Anonymous said...

hey joey. no need to apologise. you just presented an awesome opportunity to get a shot in at both yourself and Tiger Boy at the same time. Cool ;0)