Wednesday, February 6, 2008

...hmmm thats not exactly good news

//ok// so i have been mentioning how unhappy i have been about my leg pain..which is unfortunately too reminiscent of the referred pain immediately preceding the loss of foot function(drop foot as my aunt called it)
i sent stu an email again saying maybe i should hit the pool instead of running, to which he readily agreed..
was struggling to fit in a run before physio but jumped in the pool and felt like i worked at the appropriate rate(i am getting better at this)..the leg pain has been diminished a bit today//although tonight i am having some(wish i could lie and say i wasnt)
..physio
saw my aunt.. who is quite concerned about the leg pain..its not anywhere near what it was when i initially had the severe pain and couldnt even drive for 5 mins..but im pretty sure it is back related.. apparently i am quite sore in the L4/L5 region(again) and the L3 which is new but may be compensating or as my aunt said..like a bike chain can get stiff..lol
..anyway she is managing me until the shield final.. has said she would probably like to take me off running now... and has mentioned that she may enforce a break after shield..and has said she REALLY doesnt want me to do hammer at the shield and should avoid at all costs..which would leave a gap in my team but maybe it is necessary
..she was talking 6 weeks break but i commented i had racing in march...hmmm i offered water running for a while and then just racing but she wasnt impressed /..as in her words..racing is the problem(for the achilles)
..we discussed achilles in depth and decided (together..lol) that there had been progression and whilst really sore from racing.... it is recovering quicker....
one of my biggest problems this week is that i wore flats for my back first 3 days (which puts extra strain on achilles) and when i wore heels today its harder on my back .... :(
the only time i was very concerned was when she said ...well we dont want you to have drop foot(this was when my foot just kinda hung there limp and i couldnt control it) permanently :( surely that cant happen...sigh..maybe she is scare mongering
..anyway//looks like an MRI is the next step..and possibly some special patches...
..so it wasnt exactly a fantastic session(but she is very cautious..... so maybe its not all that bad)

pool at least tomorrow and probably saturday..stu's=well you cant shift tomorrows session into the pool cos its 200m's(he wasnt telling me i had to run) im going to have to discuss with him what session to do in pool cos i do want to do a session :( :(
..so looks like this little black duck is going to be splashing around again(although i have a weeks scheduled rest after shield final so MAYBE back and achilles will improve heaps... and yes i did say that to ML!) she said...maybe
...oh and jh i pmsl at your comment about stu yesterday..hopefully he will read it ;)

..anyway..trying not to be 2 stressed but cant say im not somewhat dismayed/stressed
..at least work wise i REALLY felt back in the swing today..and when the thought comes into your head..im doing what im supposed to be doing(and i really enjoy it) well then you sure are one lucky gal...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh chicky that's not good news. Hopefully with a bit of a break it'll all come good again!!

Isn't it a wonderful feeling when you find the right vocation....I'm still waiting for that feeling!

Anonymous said...

Oohh Jo sorry to hear about your flipping woes. I really hope it is not all doom and gloom and you get sorted soon.

Take care :)

Anonymous said...

DON'T DO HAMMER and yes I am SHOUTING!!!!

I am afraid you are going to have to leave your team hanging on that one, you are a runner, not a thrower and I don't think anyone who is not built for it and trained for it should throw, least of all poor Jo with her dodgy back, it's too dangerous.

Promise me you won't throw!

I wouldn't bloody do it.

Andrew(ajh) said...

I agree with Em, the stress of spinning and throwing could be nasty on that back. I'm guessing the R4TK needs consideration too ?