Saturday, February 16, 2008

..danger wil robinson danger... its gonna be a long post

..shield final today
..woke up feeling blah...
oh before i begin..sorry about yesterdays self indulgent post... yes i was feeling very blah yesterday.. i believe stu's comment to me was WTF was that post about...lol

SHIELD FINAL
im supposed to be springing out of bed...nope...woke up tired..went and had brekky out by myself whilst i did the gals team sheet..then back to bed for a 15 min kip
..when i went on my warm up..my leggies felt a bt heavy (and slow)
ummmmmm and it was kinda hot... although stu kept telling me perfect conditions for an 800m.. he told me to go out in 78 and thought that should bring me home in 2/:41(a pb).. i ran at wht i thought would be 78..well it certainly felt like it and was very dismayed to hear 82 secs..way too slow and looking at a 2:46..started to up the pace a little, overtook a couple, then one of those girls overtook me with a 100m to go...and im wilting at this stage..heard a ,assive cheer from my burgers to catchy her-so i dug deep(way deep cos i was hurting) so i caught her-she put up a bit if struggle then realised she was done and then i could hear a little whippet bearing down on me so i had to dig EVEN deeper and pused hard... time 2:42 so 80s second lap ANEGATIVE SPLIT..trust me thats rare in an 800 well my 800's anyway..and it wasnt that i was slack 1st lap-just wasnt running well :(
..coughing spluttering and spitting and thinking i might hurl..i bought a drink and then looked at my watch and only half hour til 3000m...sh!t..that was one race i didnt want to run because it meant no way would i be close to being able to do a pb in 400 :( but i did the 3000 for the team)
....um hot doesnt even begin to cover it.. plan was 100s laps and stu said lets revise that- its gonna be too fast for you...i cant remember what he revised it to-i was a bit dazed.... went way to hard to begin 95s first lap..and it was kinda downhill from there..looking at my garmin seeing the times steadily get slower,.... stu told me to go with my team member when she overtook me and i was like i cant(it was kind of a wail.... i was hurting A LOT after 1km worse at 2km etc etc..with 1km to go i wasnt sure if i was going to be able to actually finish the race...was feeling quite distressed..i was as close to tears as i have ever been in a race and was contemplating walking.. i somehow managed to keep going and was feeling very unwell at the end..couldnt stay and record my time ..as i had to get tot he start of the 400m..someone had had to marshall for me while i was still running the 3km....13.15 so not exaclty great..but my only other time for hte season was 13:30..so it was 4.25min/km ..well my garmin reckons i ran 3.07(lol-its always a bit out on the track- anyway my splits were 4.02(too fast),4.21, 4.33 and 19s for the last 70m(so add about 9s to each of the last 2 kms) what a freaking slog that run was...i HATED it

the 400m official has gone to me.... wow you must hate your team manager... my reply- i am the team manager...lol..and i can tell you- the athlete is not LOVING the team manager..lol
..so the 400 started about 5mins after the 3km finished ..i was actually all over the shop... am i running yet..heather would go no jo..ill tell you when.... then i jump up..am i supposed to be runnnig..heather no jo ill tell you when.... i think im meant to be running...no jo.... im not actually joking when i say i was feeling a little delirious ...lol..and the legs were wobbly..
the 400m was UGLY it was 6 s slowere than last week..which is disappointing but not unexpected...and had to go immediately to shotput...where i was feeling terrible.... only managed 6.22... oh had i mentioned the back was sore in the800m, worse in the 3km and REALLY bad by the time i got to shotput..couldnt really bend(no it didnt affect my running..i just suck)
..it is realy really unhapy with me at the moment..so i think water running tomorrow-no road running... im actually feeling a little ill at hte moment
..im not overly pleased with how i went today... i didnt hit hte times stu initially set for me 800=2.41 3km=12.30 400-survival..lol i did make that one ... ieven asked him if he was disappointed with my running today.. he said he wasnt..but well..i am
i have the victorian milers meet on tuesday to have a crack at that 800m pb.. oh achilles was pretty good today :)
..oh and jay... never feel bad about saying something to someone which is about looking out for their best interests :)
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh andrew that was nice you calling me sweet :) :)

4 comments:

MorseyRuns said...

That is such a long day for you- so many things going on! Hope you got a good nights sleep and that you recover well.

Anonymous said...

Okay :0)

Great job considering the discomfort you were in. You did what you had to do out there, that should be a good thing!

Anonymous said...

Bloody hell, that is a long day, well done.

But really wish you would refrain from chucking those heavy metal things around sweetie, just not good for your back at all.

Stu Mac said...

Well done Jo, 2 season bests!!! Not sure what the problem is...


I beg to differ about the 3000m and the 400m starting time... I watched your race, then I grabbed the 6 Western Aths guys from the stands for Div 2 & 3, which were run before your race...I reckon you had a 30 min break, BUT, that was never going to be long enough!

Well done on the Coburg Div 2 ladies being the third best Club in Victoria in Div 2 and considering there are probably 25+, thats pretty good!!