Sunday, February 24, 2008

..a little bit crazy???

ill get to the run in a sec..first things first
IT FELT AWESOME BEING ON THE SQUASH COURT-many twinges in the back to remind me which moves i needed to avoid(any that involve running and lunging)
..had a great night last night..dont know that my dinner companion loved all my jokes ;) but i did get a laugh out of them(yes they are at a primary school standard) and they were met with a cool stare across the dinner table....lol and watched a really good movie about RWANDA ..extremely interesting
..as i was over that side of town i even asked stu if maybe i should go to the you yangs but he said not many were going..and i would get lost by myself(he has such little faith in me,,,lol..or knows me too well)
anyway decided to have a nap instead(back is majorly taped)and was pretty pleased with how it pulled up... glutes are sore(which concerns me bc hat was the precursor to the 'drop foot period') BUT Since it is symmetrical on both sides then its probably ok- fingers crossed
..RUNNING-
who would have expected a run to make me cry :(
todays run was just horrible...i stopped heaps of time for water and just never got into it...
a moment of truth from me... bad things sometimes happen to nice people...anyway i ran past something that brought back something not very nice to me..and for the next 6 kms was close to tears... finally finished ..rang my mean coach..and then hes telling me that i havent had a good run in a long time(and ummm that was about enough for me-i actually started crying(no not about the running)..and was trying to talk like i wasnt but it wasnt working so then i very rudely said ..gotta go and hung up....i am very loath for people to know when im upset)
and yes im ok ..im not being sooky la la anymore..it was just unexpected
..anyway im now sore everywhere
edit: its now 4pm and my back is really quite bad..it started hurting during the run a little..had a relaxing bath to try to help it... i know someone wont be happy with me but if the back is anything like this tomorrow, then it will have to be a water session(i am hoping to go down to the run4the kids training session... it may perk up tomorrow you never know

so there it is... 15kms(i think??cos when i got sidetracked i forgot to turn my watch on for what i think is a km and half -just over 80 mins... no pleasure..a real mind over matter session

..and andrew whilst running, i was thinking i should probably revise the run 4 kids goal- no way can i do 4:30 pace for that long-lol and it would be a 10km pb so maybe not ready for that) maybe 4:35 to 4:40..what times are you thinking???

2 comments:

Andrew(ajh) said...

Jo, I would be more than happy with 4:35 to 4:40 for R4TK. For me it is just a run to enjoy the day, with so many people and the tunnel and the bridge etc. I am not stressed about PBs for it, just want to have a good run, and just hoping that with all your talk of injuries that my running partner will be okay on the day!

Be happy!

Kathryn said...

Enjoy your relaxing bath :D