Saturday, December 29, 2007

...ummm who's brilliant idea was that


... ok..so the very next time someone hears me say i asked my coach if he would take me out for my long run(cos i wanted to do it today instead of tomorrow due to a hens night) .. seriously SLAP me... what on earth was i thinking...
..first of all couldnt go out as early as i wanted... something about him being out drinking al day at the cricket(although i think it was hot even an hour earlier..) so we hit the you yangs at 8:15 ish. it was 24 degrees when we left hoppers./ and 31 degrees at the YY(apparently its always hotter there.. id also left my water belt home which did not bode well..i very much struggle to run more than 2kms without water... very thirsty in the first 3.8kms till we get to toilet stop... already had to stop and walk a hill.. go to toilet and discover hovering over the thing didnt quite work as i wasnt errrr leaning back quite far enough...lol.. oh well.. so start off and am thirsty literally within 100m... i had to walk the mjority of hilss and i was soooooooooo dehydrated it wasnt funny... i felt like complete and utter crap... and to say i was a cranky miss is probably the most underwhelming statement of the day... i believe there were a few comments made by me along the lines of ..i dont like you.... f-off...... im not talking to you and when stu was giving me information..overall just annoyed grunting... lol i was struggling to walk up the hills..one of them when stu ran ahead..i was actually dry retching a little.. finally got to the drink tap(about 8.5kms..so just over 4 since hte last stop) and i seriously felt like crying.. i doused myself in water including taking off my top and soaking it(thi helped) and tried to pretend to be interested in some crap animal sighting stu was telling me about... lol.. while all i could think of was how much longer is this gonna go on for... so the last bit wasnt so bad i suppose..but i still felt horrible.. it was like someone had suctioned out all of my fluids..i couldnt even spit.. finally got back from the run (run/walk really) and i wasnt allowed to turn off the garmin when i walked
so 11km @6:40 pace and little jojo does suck at hills

..on way home i rang stu to see if maybe i could do a proper long run tomorrow..cos im really not very happy with that one

..got a great email from my sister today :) ummmm apparently they have 2 cell phones...but yep they didnt bother to give us the numbers :(

6 comments:

Stu Mac said...

'Cell' phones...so American lol


The got some hills in and it WAS hot, you did better than you are giving yourself credit for! Well done

lg said...

Eek, my God, just thinking about running in that heat makes me want to sit in front of the airconditioner! Hope you recovered ok

Andrew(ajh) said...

Seriously Jo, 6:40 for 11kms up hills on a day like today is an awesome effort. It's been so long since I've had a run, I think I may have forgotten how :-)

Anonymous said...

It is fearsome hot today, I started at 7am and it was sweltering, don't beat yourself up,

Hope you are drinking lots of water.

MorseyRuns said...

Finally your sister comes to the party- hope she had a good excuse. Hope you get some serious proper fluids into you at the hens day if you are going out in that heat tomorrow.

Kathryn said...

Yikes, I don't really understand those map things but that looks scary.

Hope you got enough fluid in you to be able to spit again.