Saturday, December 22, 2007

..hmmmmm... yep i suck

..hmmmmm... yep i suck
..when it comes to pacing myself..i am complete and utter rubbish(even with a GARMIN...lol
coach asked me to run 20mins for the Tan and then 19:30 with the second one without looking at a watch(umm well he did revise it to 20:30 and 20 when i said that was kinda fast) but then i decided today he probably was right first go so i would do 20/19:30(his prediction was i would go too hard and do 19:15)
..anyway ive measure the Tan with garmin at 3.82 so that would be an average of 5:14 pace(i had 5:11 in my head though)
..anyway frist lap i just couldnt stick to 5:11 pace..i started off faster cos i knew to average 5:11 i have to be abit faster ont he flat cos of anderson st..... um evrytime i looked at my watch i had to slow down...too many sub 5min paces..
first lap 19:40..um yeah i know... i suck (about 5:07 pace)
..so at this point i decide that i still had to do the next lap 30s faster..didnt check the watch..except once on anderson st but not the pace..just to see that i had actually turned it on.. i hustled a little but not extremely..cos my damn right ACHILLES(yep the other one..grumble grumble) was giving me a bit of curry...
ummm any guesses????
aim was 19:10.... 18:54 so 46 seconds less instead of 30...sigh YES stu you were spot on with your prediction(not of time tho) but of how out my judgement would be (little know it all)
so it was wet but i did meet up with Em..and played a bit of show and tell... had to show her my lovely bruises from the setabelt..and of course my new enell bra..the right size makes all the difference..and they look positively small(well normal persons size) awesome!!!!!

got a weird message from english guy yesterday(something about love..uiggggh and i freaked out..cos he might be a stalker..turns out it was his flatmate who sent it... good god!!! anyway he was threatening to move out..la la la la la..and i told him to stop being so irrational...and it was just a text message... uggggh etc etc.. and then i agreed to go watch him windsurf..well when i say i agreed.... i pretended i was going to go(to get him off the phone) cos i KNEW i was gonna bail..the question was only ever would i be nice about it or not
..ummmm apparently nice wasnt on the cards tday.. i said i hadnt warmed up from my run and no way was i leaving my hous...ok not too bad so far...but then i added...im not really interested in windsurfing anyway.... lol..i really am a brat...anyway now hopefully he will back off a little

ooh and ive dropped a bit of weight..back to 61.6(had crept up to closer to 63 than i would liked) am trying to eat less rubbish..so im having fish and chips for lunch...aaah you might say thats not good...but i was always going to have fish and chips..so what i did is i went and bought oven fries and fish fillets and have them cooking happily away in the oven..yes that a much better and allowable option..pat on head for jojo THE ridiculously BAD pacer
..lol..little mundane things like showering become much more fun when you have to play..why is my toe bleeding... oh yes thats right i kicked (by accident) the sharpish bit where the tiling sort of sticks out a bit.. i won the game..cos i worked it out ;)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'll have to talk to coach Stu about doing some 250s, 500s and 750s on the tan, I have done a heap of interval work on the tan and I reckon it has done wonders for my previously dismal pacing. I am now the human metronome LOL

I loved your new shoes, my Brooks Bias aside, watching you run in them today you looked heaps better than in the other ones.

Andrew(ajh) said...

I suck at pacing too. Whenever I llok at my Polar I'm always way off the pace I think I'm doing - I couldn't exist without my Polar!

Kathy said...

Pacing? What's that? I used to think I had just one place - slow. Obviously my slow pace has quite a range!

You'll get there JoJo.

Stu Mac said...

Don't worry Jo, already your pacing is improving and will continue to do so!!!

Re Em's comments about some reps on the Tan, a definite yes, but after this 'small' block of easy running.