Sunday, December 23, 2007

..joy..joy.. and a bit more joy

..yep little miss jo reeeeeeeally enjoyed her run today 16kms in 1:29 so 5:35 pace..awesome
ran with Eat Em.Tiger Boy.Duck Girl and Em... although it was funny
i was running along with Em and ive gone my left foot is still a bit wet from where it was left in the rain(lol my runners not my feet..just re-read)...ummmm no that was actually my toe bleeding quite a bit...lol..when i finished(and toe was ateensy bit sore) i saw red around the top of my shoe and was thinking ohhhhhh..and then had fun trying to UNSTICK the bloodied sock..lol..i am hopeless.. sooooo glad i didnt wear my new runners...i dont want blood on them!!!!right achilles is not great, but, well, it will get there.. (see that jh..punctuation...a comma even)
stu seemed pretty happy with the 16kms and thinks a couple more will show good improvement... i felt GREAT running today..(although was a little tired last 2kms-biggest run since the injury..2nd biggest for the year...i did go do a 20km run(without training) after i got dumped in january..lol... .. and yes Mark,,quite possibly cos im a super BRAT

.then stopped in at a cafe and had poached eggs(yes i still havent worked out the stovetop) he went to give me a menu and im like no i just want poached egggs on sourdough...they dont have sour dough...ok then rye...no we only have white...what sort of a backwater cafe only has WHITE bread...SERIOUSLY..well probably the kind that lets you walk in with very short shorts(running shorts) i was in and out i reckon in about 12 minutes....

..am about to brave the xmas shopping hoardes and then go with a friend to see a movie..i dont go and see enough movies.. had an odd phone call this morn..but ill leave it at that
oh and Em..thanks for strapping my back..it helped heaps..and yes anyone looking out their window may have wondered what was happening with me laying prone on a picnic table..pants slightly down and Em hovering over me.... lol.. i just hadnt had a chance to get anyone else to do it!! great job too..better than the sports first aid guy at willi..who was crapola
..hope youre feeling better.. and i promise next week..not too many crap jokes
...well maybe i wont promise ;) a gal can only try..90 mins is a long time to be on good behaviour

3 comments:

Andrew(ajh) said...

Hope the toe is alright!

I really will have to make an effort and join you guys/gals one sunday morning.

Anonymous said...

Crap jokes were good, cheered me up :-)

yeah, cafes in the 'burbs, why do you think I drive to Richmond every Saturday morning for sourdough, then I make my own mushrooms on toast at home, at Em's Cafe.

I remember you saying your foot felt wet, can't believe your toe was bleeding, ouchie. Glad I did a good job on your back though, happy to help.

JH said...

I am impressed with the punctuation jojo, next step - capital letters (other than for Em's name).