Wednesday, December 26, 2007

.. great day..

..what a great day i had yesterday..started with meeting Em at 8am where i also got to meet her partner.. always nice to put a face to a name 9kms@5:11 pace(although Ems thing said 5:09)
..unfortunately i did NOT get my xmas wish..which was a call from my sister :( and in the end i was telling my brother not to hassle my poor nephew(who has heard from julie) about my sister
..we are all a little upset... it has been over a month... and not even an email... busy is one thing.. doing it tough is one thing..but hey you dont just completely ignore your family :(
..anyway.. people actually bought good presents this year... i bought a present for my uncle that just cracked me up(and my brother) we found it really tough to not P ourselves laughing... you see one year they gave us ALL calandars... so i bought them a calendar(amongst other things) herman was laughing.. its such a funny joke in our family(the uncle is unaware though) tha i called herman to tell him i bought it the other day.. apparently when he was shopping with his wife he had told her he was buying him a calendar...lol
..my fave present tho is a pair of REAL running socks..cant wait to trial them
..then we had a great lunch..my uncle made this cold veal smothered in some dip thing..which was divine..and heaps of other stuff..he is a great cook
..my aunt is also going to lend me her car from fri to sun week.. how sweet is this..she goes yeah if you need it for a week after that its cool too.. pete usually rides to work and if he doesnt he can just get a bus to work..lol
..back to my brothers where we were having a great time.. and then the obligatory lecture started about boys/children etc.. and whats worse..even his wife(nicely) put her two cents worth in... they didnt overly like it when i said that what makes them happy is not necessarily what will make me happy..anyway after about an hour of me sulking and herman going over and over how crap i am with boys..i eventually said..look we have this conversation EVERYTIME i come over.. we will have to agree to disagree.. he means well..but its kinda offensive..i am an adult and can and do make my own decisions EVERYDAY.. anyway.grrrrr when i left and went to my friends house...i was like there had better be wine here!!!!!!!!!!!!! lucky there was!!!!!!!!!
..no othe real plans today which feels a bit weird.. although i am supposed to go to some bq..but its all the way in seaford and i think i may like to sleep at my(well jays) house and just bum around..without being too sociable..lol.. its actually just that its sooooooooooooo far and im seeing half of thos people tomorrow night anyway
..oh yeah i bought these cool jeans the other day..the best way to describe the colour is 'recycling bin' blue... lol...as expected girls like them and boys dont..as my brother told me yesterday and cg has also informed me..lol i reckon they are FUNKY..ill post a piccy some time..no running today rest day
..so this morning i am going to go car shopping..im thinking maybe a cute little barina
..i love being on lazy gal holidays..

4 comments:

JH said...

make sure it has lots of airbags...

Andrew(ajh) said...

I am sure that JH is just advising you to look at the safety features of the new car, and not commenting on your driving :-)

I am sure you;ll love the running socks, I almost feel they are as important as the shoes to me.

Anonymous said...

LOL - JH, I said the exact same thing the other day!

Holidays *sigh* I have to go back to the office tomorrow :-(

Glad you had a great day. As for our avg pace, remember your garmain and my stride sensor may have measured differently, I had us at 9.16Km.

Happy car shopping, maybe a Humvee.

Stu Mac said...

Or a TANK... lol