Thursday, December 27, 2007

..i actually am happy

.. you know ..i really am pretty happy.. seriously..
2007 has been(in parts) a difficult year for me(but i have tried(not always succesfully) to not be too depressed by it)
..my sister moved overseas with my darling nieces..biggest trauma of 2007
..i incurred a fairly debilitating back injury(double disc bulge) resulting in loss of function of foot.. and ongoing issues with the non foot functionality side
..i wrote off my car
..i probably have(not by choice) retired from squash and hence will not make state grade(A grade will have to suffice)..



but there has also been some extremely pleasing things occur in 2007
.. i moved on to a new and exciting job opportunity
..my best gf got married to a wonderful man
..i recovered enough from back injury to be able to run comparable and faster times than 2006
..i have a coach who individualises sessions for me and puts up with my million questions that i ask(ps thanks for that)
..i did get offered to move to a state grade team in squash(injury made me decline)
..my brother and his wife did NOT move to Holland
..my 93 year old grandma(OMA) made another year..not altogether expected
..met some great people on ausrun..who i now regularly run/catch up with
..im RUNNING.. i love running and i have high hopes of beating me pb as a junior burger 2:34 for the 800 that i did at 10(wont beat this season of course)

so.. overall there have been lotsa good things to occur in 2007... and i will focus on those

.i have a great life.. i pretty much come and go as i please... im happy where i am professionally... my relationships..well you all read and know what happens ...lol..actually..things are pretty good... i FINALLY got rid of the whole 'christian' monkey on my back thing(this is a BIG BIG BIG thing)..
goals for 2008
..deal with the absentee nieces :( and hopefully hear from my sister)
..not be DOGGED by my back injury :(
..run some good (for me) track times sub 2:40 800m, 5:3xx 1500, 30.xx 200m
..sub 45(really sub 44) 10km (to be revisited in jan cos stu wont give me advice on this)
(sub 22 5km) (sub 17 4km) (sub 100min half mara)
..maybe have a NORMAL relationship..lol(nah lets face it..thats not gonna happen for miss bridget jones!!!!)

..yep its been an interesting year..well actually.. its been kinda normal..lol
..thank heaps everyone who has been a part of my life...
lesson of 2007: you cannot be in love with someone who doesnt love you back(you can only think you are).. it is.. has...and always will be a 2 way thing (i should say the lesson i finally learnt(after a DECADE).. yes this was the christian thing)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

jojo ... I have to tell you that it has been an interesresting time reading your blog ... even if I sometimes struggle to 'get up' with what is happening.

I have absolute confidence that you will acheive your 2008 running goals ... however I will reserve my comments on a 'normal relationship though :-). Besides - you might find 'normal' to mundane.

Look forward to seeing you running with the group soon ...

Take care ... and drive safely !!!

Eat Em

Anonymous said...

Yay - Em and Jo racing and holding hands in 2008 ;-)

But remind me never to get on a track with you 'coz I'll get my butt kicked LOL

'tis going to be a run ride and I am sure 2008 will be a great year.

Kathy said...

Having been an interested observer via your blog I have to agree that 2007 has been a big year for you JoJo. I've admired how you've handled adversity, been amused by the various phone and missing credit card mishaps, and been inspired by how hard you work at your running.

Good luck with 2008. I'm sure you'll train your coach, hear from your sis, benefit from bro's helpful relationship advice (that was tongue in cheek, in case you took me seriously then), enjoy your long runs with Em, and have a fabulous year. You go girl!

Stu Mac said...

I love how you don't explain why Stu will not provide advise re your goals...

So I'll explain here...lol. As you know you are currently getting a lot faster and this will be a big benefit for the winter season and therefore I am not ready to make any 'educated' guesses re your 5/10/HM times. I have NO doubt that you will run sub 2:40 for an 800m very soon and the 5:3X 1500m will happen to. I will give you some times to chase after you 'race' a 3000m, that will be the key factor for winter times!