Sunday, December 2, 2007

..dehydrated or just no ticker

yep todays run could be classified as a tick on the box(but only just)-i almost didnt make it

all of my runs this week have been hideous...seriously..probably the report writing stress ting or i just suck and dont look after my body thing
10kms this morning and i couldnt maintain5:30 pace so sat on 5:40 pace..stopped up anderspn st in the shade for a minnie at 2kms before i booted my back into gear..the whole run was a complete slog..was going to pull the pin at 8kms..but we all know im conchy little gal and must do what is set... the title really sums this up best.... i do actually think after yesterday i was still very dehydrated..didnt have my water next to my bed so no drinks throughout the night..and then i didnt eat before i run(which i never do) but i did have dinner last night at 6.... anyway not gonna dwell on it... it was crap..lets move on..achilles both sore..left the worst..and back ..well suffice it to say it doesnt love me now..physio tomorrow followed by racing tues(yep very quick turnaround) then massage on wednesday
(and reports in there somehwere too...eeeek..)
last week with the boys next week :) :)

ramblings:
..the universe is a funny thing.. sometimes you bitch and moan about something ..and it presents you with a neat little package to say that is not how the world works
..sometimes im cynical(would prefer not to be) but there really are just a LOT of good people out there
..im tired and hungry..and about to go to a xmas do at my oma's(grandmother) nursing home... probs will be the last time we see her(she is really very frail now and seems to be going downhill)..she a tough old lady...remarkable too..she was in the underground in the 2nd world war - and used to hide people in walls, move arms across the country, secured her brother release from a prison(and my grandfather) with fake documents... its a pity we havent got all the stories down..she tells some horrible ones too of seeing a very young child pushed over a balcony because he called the german officer father.. i think sometimes us junior burgers forget just how good we have it
..anyway with that pleasant thought, this seriously sunburned little tacker is going to eat..again

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

I've just been catching up - had to smile about the lost and found again wallet!

Have fun with your grandmother :D

Andrew(ajh) said...

I so hear you Jo, I am really struggling in the heat recently too. I think as we get a few more weeks of the heat under our belt it will get easier.

MorseyRuns said...

I was the same with my Pop- his war stories used to bore me stupid but now I would love to hear them and he isn't here anymore. Sensible eating/ sleeping/ week coming up??