Tuesday, November 6, 2007

.. is there ever going to be a pleasant run

..i went for the 7kms as advise 3kms @ 5:10m/k 2kms @4:40min/k 2 kms @ 5:10m/km

well i thought after having done this session before and finding it tough i would find it much easier.. i did it at noon today and its not like it was hot or anything ...i just suck...big time!
actual
3kms @5:08min/km (stopped at 2kms to do a big stretch(back a little sore)
1km @ 4:46min/km
1km @ 4:39min/km (had to stop for a bit and get a drink and regain my composure-as i said im sure it shouldnt be that hard)
1km @ 5:07min/km
1km @ 5:04 min/kmand i almost stopped running at 6kms cos i was in struggle central

..was feeling a bit down in the mouth about it..so texted stu saying maybe i wasnt as fit as he thought i was and maybe this session is just too hard for me...

..anyway he tried ot be nice about it but im not convinced..i struggled a LOT

..and my BACK IS NOT COPING :( it has been sore after the consecutive days run, sore yesterday.. and sore enough today to make me stop and stretch whilst running.. i think i will only run 3 days thos week not 4.. i had been starting to think my back was completely better but really im just living in denial

..and i was a miserable git yesterday..i even cried..and i have to say it actually made me feel better.. i know im going ot be bit teary for the next 2 weeks ..only 2 more weekends with my family..well there will be other family members here-but they are the 'may ring you for 10mins here and there ' type... im already feeling lonely

and i wont even start on how much boys are annoying me at the moment

dont worry im fine today... just tutored ..so i have cash burning a hole in my pocket
..oh and spent about 3 hours ironing today..what the..thats more ironing than ive done in the last 3 years...
..oh and if you think i have your phone number(cos you have already given it to me... i dont...new phone.. please text me(my number is the same)..and dont forget to say who you are.. so i have your number again

4 comments:

Stu Mac said...

Hmmmmmmmmmmm...........

I said it on the phone and I'll say again just to make sure you understand! Same session as last week - YES! But different! Last week you had an easy lead in, this time around you had prior, Thu - first rep session, Sat - first track races (controlled, I know), Sun - 11.5km (probably your longest run in awhile)!!!

Do I need to say much more, intelligent lady like yourself should be able to see that the session was always going to be tough, but there is NO racing this weekend, so you don't need to be fresh, if there was racing I would have made this week slightly easier..

Well done on getting the session done and I would suggest that the final km can be a lot slower, 5:20ish...

JH said...

Boys are annoying me too, at the moment. Probably not for the same reason though.


ps. Geez, that coach of yours sounds tough....

Celeste said...

Yeah, slow it down to 5.20....

Golly, I don't even DREAM of 5 minute k's. I'm still dreaming of a 7 minute k.

All in perspective Jojo.

BTW, I got a new phone recently. What a PAIN if the numbers are not in the sim card.

Andrew(ajh) said...

I was actually going to say the same as your official coach, that you've had more activity preceding this run, but I see he is already on the job. Also, when you have any body part objecting (back, knee whatever), it is always going to feel harder. Just take it easy and build up slowly.