Saturday, November 17, 2007

..im almost back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AWESOME

okerly dokerly..it is a very happy miss jojo tonight (albeit tuckered out)
i just did an extremely convincing impersonation of a beached whale on my bed for the last hour ...LOL..it was soo good i could have won an award...lol...jo shakes head at self..am SUCH a loser
..first things first...this little munchkin is going to say ...thanks stu for keeping me restrained today.....
left to my own devices i would have done the 100,800,1500,400 relay javelin and discus... i walked past stu and mentioned the 100 and got 'the LOOK and a NO jo' and id already been told earlier not to do the 800 and 1500 on same day...and it WAS HOT today..i LOVE having a coach actually..i am VERY good at doing what im told(conchy little nerdburger) and it stops me going crazy...cos i always think i can do about double what i should actually do..BIG HUG for stu)oooh that reminds me..one of the coburg runners(who i MADE) go in the 4x400 relay ..gave me the biggest SWEATY hug when he finished...eeeeeeyyyyyuuuwwwwww...yuk yuk yuk.. he thought it was funny!!

saw a few runners in distress actually.it was way hot....anyway did a 2km warm up- then javelin(only one throw..paltry one) and discus 15m-ish and then an
800...2:49.97 (stu had told me to run 2:50) arent i a dutiful girl LOL.. given my season best last season was 2:48..i am basically back at pre-injury pace NEARLY not quite in the shorter distances
200..32.40 (pb last season 31.26)
4x400m relay...73 s(pb 69.9) and actually timed from line to line.. but was kinda messy at the end of it..it TOOK me A LONG LONG time to get my breath back...kinda just sat on the ground for a while..not much of a cool down..
..achilles coped well..sore in warm up but then mostly fine..calf is a bit tight now..
only a short cool down- grabbed the girls(all juniors) and did a lap and had a debrief..also one of the girls was offended by something someone at the club said so i said if it happens again let me know and i will have a quiet word.. i get a bit protective of my girls!!!!

..last night went over to a friends house and there was a very funny comment made...not sure if i can repeat..since this blog is supposed to be g- rated ..
..anyway happily for me..my friend also strapped my back for me this morning..and he actually did an excellent job of it too.. its all a bit sweaty and disgsting now..oh well i will have to try and change it after tomorrows long run
..today was just awesome... i am soo close to being back to pre-injury pace and my coach also thinks i may be able to get to 2:40 for the 800 if i work hard... working hard is fine by me :) i want to get to 2:34 but i dont think thats possible this season...cos thats my all time pb...(from when i was 9) well my mum thinks i ran a 2:27 in the competition i competed in at QLD but i cant remember..
..a beer for me..carlsberg...mmm..ok..nothing special..decided to stay home..I AM EXHAUSTED LOL...and a little overheated
did i mention or make it clear....i loooooooooooooooooooooooooooove track!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL, sounds like a great day, bet you sleep well tonight.

I love having a coach too, just tell me what to do and I'll do it, thank goodness he knows what he is talking about!

Kathy said...

Well done JoJo.

LOL at the sweaty hug.

Stu Mac said...

Great stuff Jo! A v.good 800 and the others too! Happy to hear the throws are still there, but they MUST take a backwards step and 1 or 2 throws are suffice.

Not surprised that the 400 hurt, it was very hot and most were suffering, esp with breathing.

A slight step back this week and you should have nice hit out at Aberfeldie! I'll send an email tmrw with your program.