Tuesday, September 18, 2007

..wow..a LOT of laughing today

..im sure corrie(the most fanatastic massage therapist EVER) thinks i am crazy.. i mean extremely ticklish so i laugh quite a lot(apparenty shes not used to that ) and then well when it hurts i kinda..well.. laugh! it cracks her up... and trust me ..there was a whole lot of laughing tonight :)when i felt extreme pain,obviously i laugh..and then im like yeah..well pain... its all transient..(you gotta remember i had a sewing needle wedged in my belly for the first 10 years of my life and used to constantly complain about my hot belly(obviously didnt know how to describe pain..lol..cos id always had it)
so when i say as soon as pain is done, i forget about it..im really not lying..my mind really does play tricks on me when it comes to pain..glute was sore..but happy to say quite lumpy so more than likely due to squash...left leg..dont think its the achilles(i wasnt convinced it was yesterday cos even tho the pain started there, iy was the 'push off' that i was unable to do..) so we think maybe the tibilais posterialis....something..apparently it was extrenely tight..well the whole area was..but it was getting close to steel rods..which is how she has descibed my muscles on some occasions..
so after oh about nearly 2 hours we had managed to cover the lower back, glutes,backs of the legs..and not the hip flexors....i dont think i couldve taken them tonight ..lol.. she is just so lovely.... we have such a good laugh!i commented about how dishevelled the lady befor eme looked..but im quite sure i looked llke i had been well err..you can use your imagination..
anyway think i will either run or do squash drills tomorrow..and fingers crossed no lecture from physio(man I spend a LOT of money on my body at the moment.. i know its supposed to be a temple and all..but does it have have all the trimmings..lol(and dentist tomorrow which will cost 3000 in the short term..eeek..and thats on top of the 3000 aready spent in last couple months(and about 3000 on the back too!!)..no wonder i havent saved since april..lol)

went to a time share presentaion thing today...yer i know...they got me when i was all dozy after a nap last tues..and they did pull the hard sell on me..
at one stage the conversation went something along these lines..
jo: im not signing anything today..i would need to think about it
guy:but you have the cooling off period
j:im not signing anything
g:but the cooling off period
j;im not signing anything
g;but then you dont get all the benefits of yada yada yada
j: then i dont get the benefits
g: and you wont remember everything i said cos you dont get to take all these booklets home..a today only offer
j:i remember everything you said
g:no you dont
j; ok test me..i remmember everything you said(seriously im a numbers girl)
g;gives me a look ..it took me months to learn all this stuff
j:ok..but seriously i rememembr everything you said..and i quoted some figure for him(i think nonplussed is the wordto descibe him)it was one of those looks my chem(or maths) teacher used to give me when i was talking and he would say ..what did i just say jo...and i would quote him verbatim... god that wouldve been annoying-you would think he woulda learned and stopped doing it)
g;ok fine well refer your sister to me and ill call her(i had mentioned her)
j;NO
g;why not
j;she wont like to be called
g;just write her number down
j;NO she wont want to be called
g:sighs and i think realises i am an obstinate little so and so who wll not forcibly do something i dont want.... ok heres my mobile number..get your sister to call if she wants a referral...oh and here take all the documents
j; thank you...lol..shouldnt have taken him that long to have realised now should it..
i got my digital camera 'gift' that you get for going..and toodled off on my merry way

i know i have said before i like to be bossed around...but that only extends as far as little things....
ps..how did i ever survive before masssages..my friend who not so gently pushed me in that genereal direction was very much correct..and yes ,,I DID JUST SAY SOMEONE ELSE WAS CORRECT

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is a gem is our Corrie :-)

I started to think about how much my injury cost me then decided it wasn't worth worrying about.

I would LOVE to have been a fly on the wall for your time share converstation, hysterical. I wouldn't have even got that far, I am a cow, if someone calls or comes to my door who I don't know I flatly refuse to talk to them.

Kathy said...

LOL re the timeshare. I remember saying to someone who said "I'm only trying to help you" ... "Well help me by taking me off your marketing list!" I had to repeat it several times before they realised that I really DID NOT WANT their offer. I know I could have hung up on them, but it was the principle of the thing! Oh, and I may have been enjoying myself by that stage of the conversation.