Friday, September 7, 2007

..who's that happy girl in la-la land

me me me me me ..ooh ooh that would be me

went and saw the sports doc at the OpSM.can you believe i had to wait an hour ..after last weeks schmozzle...hmmmmmmmm
..anyway..and this is prettyy exciting.. he thinks im in excellent shape and cant see hide nor hair of any type of nerve issue.... he also seems to think the constant pai could be my SIJ(sacro iliac which i have been thinking lately..ie there was probs more than one injury) and if it flares up for a period of time, maybe i should get an injection into it....
..but wait theres more.. he has said i can do anything i want within my pain threshold(barring the glute pain which was the pre-cursor to the leg pain) but have to build up slowly..so he is more than hapy for me to get back on squash court(im going to do drills for 3 weeks and hten contemplate a ten minute or so hit with someone.. i can up my kms..but again have to take it slowly.. he also seems to think everyone my age would have disc bulges..so finally someone who doesnt want to wrap me in cotton-freaking wool and is going to allow me to get back out there and do what i like best :) very very happy girl

quiet night for me tonight.. at olympic park for the aths for schol tomorrow..and htem im thinking a long run...

oh yeah having a bit of bck pain today but not thte usual and its just cos i ran 8kms yesterday with my hydro pack... im more than happy to suck up a bit of pain if im allowed to run.... now bring on some training.... woohoo... i dont want to go back to physio..i can already see her face..but at least i have the doctors advice as well..which i think is why i wanted to go..firstly cos of hte four week bad back pain and hten cos i feel like im ready to start pushing...did i mention woo hoo

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shame you had to wait so long again, I have been there a couple of times when my doc was running behind but never a whole hour.

Mu chick is so good I don't care and she always spends as much time with me as she needs to..

Still, told you it was worth it, they are excellent there and their sole aim is to get you back out there.

Very happy for you.

Stu Mac said...

Great news, now it will be interesting to see how controlled you can be with your return to two sports...

Andrew(ajh) said...

That is seriously good news, but please, please make sure that you take it slowly and build back up sensibly !

lg said...

Sounds like it was well worth the wait! Glad to hear it. Have fun getting back into it!

Kathryn said...

I'm not going to tell you to be sensible cos I know you will :D

It's great to get that kind of advice even if you have to wait so long for it.

Kathy said...

Fabulous news JoJo. Great that you can play squash again. :-)