Wednesday, June 13, 2007

..nobody does angry like calvin

calvin and hobbes that is...he gets this mega sulky expression and a black cloud over his head.. i can tell you i did (and still am) doing a pretty good imitation at the moment..
just went to pick up my car..left outside a friends house..waiting for cab..forgot the cab was coming because i was doing some maths(i was concentrating hard) race round like a mad woman getting keys etc..he drops me off..i even give him a tip..
jumpin car..shut door ...smash..the whole back window collapsed in..it was more than likely already smashed one would think..scared the be-jeepers out of me.. pushed the rest of it in..and drove home..so if anyone saw someone driving along with a whole window missing and a calvin-like death look...umm..that would be me...still not happy!am soo mad im shaking...this is the second time this year that a window has been smashed...different suburbs..not to mention someone also kicked in my door this year(1800 worth of damage)grrrrrrrrrrr
celeste..sorry..im certainly not putting down anyone else's pace....3 years ago my pace was much slower than it is now..and 5min/kms was fast for me...i still dont consider it slow... but a speed session is supposed to be faster than the pace you can sustain for an hour
they were only 400m efforts which prior to my injury would have been done at about 85-90s which is about 3:45 min/km pace(cant sustain that for long tho)..so i was just moaning around...
will finish this post later..when hopefully im in a better mood

2 comments:

Stu Mac said...

A good response regarding the 'speed' work out, everyone's speed is different, its all about intensity.

And I have had a great example, one day I was doing 8x1k reps, my plan was 10k pace with a 60 sec recovery between, a Glenhuntly guy who uses our track was doing exactly the same session. My 1k reps were between 3:50-55 and his 3:00-3:05, but overall the sessions were exaclty the same. We both used the same energy systems and we were both just as buggered!

And I hope you start to have some better luck with your car v.soon.

Anonymous said...

Good words.