Saturday, June 9, 2007

..i am such a little groupie

..sara..you will laugh when you read this
..i love Mick Molloy..he is an absolute cracker..no pun intended.
I was quite chuffed to get to meet him(not that i really spoke to him much)..courtesy of going out and having some brewskis with miss morsey runs..
on the way home i couldnt help but grab a souva..i did say only a smidgeon of garlic mayo so its a start but really..i should have requested half the meat..i will next time

so today i took a gal pal of mine(non runner) to the local oval...(thats of course after i woke up feeling slightly dehydrated and did my usual did i send any dodge text messages last night? check)
you can run diff paces when your oval-ing it..shes not as quick as me even in recovery mode so i figured that would be cool..she was quite happy with her efforts

anyway the aim was to do 25 mins at 6min/km pace which was an increase in time but not pace..but after the first lap i knew it was going to be a different pace to that.. so these are the km/min for each lap(each lap is only 400m)
5:25,5:45,5:40,5:40,5:38,5:38,5:45,5:40:6:05,6:08 so roughly 23 mins(increase of 3)
walked at 15:48 as core fatiguing..and at 8 laps thought well i want to do 10 and she said not to do pace and 5 minute increment on same day so i compromised and slowed down and did 3 mins more than the 20... so 4kms woohoo
could feel my back a bit tighter after 15:48..definitely not sore or i would have stopped..very conscious of it..calf still quite tight

then met Em for a water session 10mins w/up cool/down 6x5mins hard with 1 min recovery..i thought we were only doing 4 so imagine my expression when Em said 2 more to go..i thought we were done!!!!my arms were soooo tired today..i wonder if thats cos yesterday was an hour water run.. felt great after..and Em only 2 weeks and you will have a walk/run program woohoo

although being the ditz that i am..too busy talking...a lot of talking EVEN for me today! walking off into the yonder...Em is like...jo your car is back that way...oopsies

so now i have my trays in to whiten my teeth..its an attractive look alright NOT!!!!
and im about to go to the movies and hopefully not drink copious amounts of wine after... yesy yes I will remove hte trays first

so i hope you all feel as great as i do right now...but smell better..cos i am a chlorine lovers dream gal right now!
thanks for the avatar jaykay

4 comments:

MorseyRuns said...

I had a massive crush on him when he was on the late show so I was pretty happy when my mate Burnsy told me that they were good friends!
Great effort getting back running- very sensible.

Anonymous said...

4km run woo hoo, you are on your way back girl :)!!

Anonymous said...

Damn you had a busy day yesterday, bet you had a better night sleep last night!

Anonymous said...

You're welcome Jo. Reminds me of how much energy you've got every time I see it now!