Friday, June 15, 2007

..the elephant man..or girl

..so i officially look like the elephant man (according to my sister).. i must admit there is a whole heap of swelling.. but tact is one thing my family seems to lack LOL

..having said that the 'op' went pretty well... was waaaaaay out of it when i got picked up..apparently i asked my niece 3 times what she had for lunch and she was getting a little annoyed..
didnt sleep overly much..only for 15 mins or so at a time and then i would wake up..

but i am very hungry..already over the liquid foods!..the dentist said to get used to it for the next week..and could even be 2-3 weeks before i can eat properly.. eeek.. i dont like soup at the best of times..i dont really eat icecream..any suggestions??
i know that they had to do some serious hacking around in there(but that seems like an excessive amount of time)

you should have seen me trying to get a spoonful of yoghurt in my mouth..which doesnt open very far..ali ( my niece) was giving me a very quizzical look... sedation is interesting..you are awake...and then cant remember any of it..

..oh yeah..and after thinking that i would be all dignified and self composed and not narky over the boy..i did fall off my pedestal of righteousness...
when one of his friends(a girl who really likes me) sent me an invite for something yesterday.. i couldnt help myself...
..i replied that i didnt think the boy would like it if i came since he had dumped me via email the day before..well he used the i need space line..which is the same as its not you..its me..
..wicked smile..i know i know..and i was being so good!!!!it was a bit juvenile

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, foods that are easy to digest:

Cheesy mashed potato and gavy.
Any kind of smoothies - Boost, Wendys, etc.
Porridge with golden syrup.
McDonalds Chocolate Frappe, Coffee Frappe (yummo).

Hope you're not feeling (or looking) so chipmunky now :0)

jojo said...

thanks jay..ive dscovered..custard cups..

MorseyRuns said...

Mashed potato and gravy was my friend for a while! I remember the swelling oh so well, massive cheeks then massive chins- as my sister said to me then, you will be fine, just keep your chins up!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I was gonna say mash and gravy, used to have it for dinner after root canal treatment (took 4 appointments, ughhh)

I'd be living on banana smoothies for 2 weeks I reckon.

Keep you chin up and try not to dribble too much.

Kathy said...

There are these fabulous desserts in the dairy section of your supermarket (dairy = good for you) like Belgian Chocolate. Yum!

I am pretty sure that the calorie count is halved if you've been dumped by email. If you're dumped by text, the clr cnt's hlvd.