Tuesday, July 15, 2008

...oooh killer session..and a lesson learnt

..i was pretty sure -after all the jibes i had gotten from stu about what tonights session was going to be- that it wasnt going to be pretty
..and if there is one thing i can be definitive about- PRETTY IT WAS NOT -thanks yoda-lol
lets just say that i refused to talk to stu for a while after the session and err i may have told him to f7ck off at one stage..hopefully he didnt hear-oops

anyway he gave me a choice of sessions 2km,1.6km,1.2km,800m,400m all at the pace i have been doing my 6x1km reps OR 3x 2km reps at the 1km rep pace (4:35min/km) with 90s rest... far out..neither session really appealed- had decide on the first one but then kinda thought that stu probably wanted me to do the harder set abut was giving me an easy out
...let me start with ...HOW the HECK am i supposed to do my 1km rep pace for 2kms with the same recovery 90s.. which by the way is faster than my 10km pace and right on my 5km race pace at the moment
so reps supposed to be 9:10 minutes
1st rep was hitting the lapsplits but dropped a little in the ast lap for a rep of 9:14 so 4:37m/kms
2nd rep- i was all over the place-breathing heavy, 3 s behind pace at the 800 ,8s behind at 1600 and then 9:21 for the 2kms 4:40min/km 90s rest(was actually 115s but was feeling a bit ill and was as close to crying as i have ever been at training) sucking in HUGE amounts of air and not feeling AT ALL recovered when it was time to go again
-the last rep was pretty woeful-thought i might vomit..lol./.but i knew i just had to stop being a baby
3rd rep 9:22 4:41min/kms
again at my 5km race pace-no wonder i was completely f####ed
OMG that session was HIDEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i do solemnly swear never to complain about the 6x1km reps AGAIN-please dont ever make me do that again

i dont understand why my 5km(and 4kms on the weekend) arent faster than what they are.my pace for 5kms or 8kms seems to be identical.i guess the run at geelong was on grass and undulated somewhat
..but hte good thing is- 8 weeks ago-NO WAY could i have done this session..i barely and i mean barely managed it today on my tired tired little leggies

4 comments:

Andrew(ajh) said...

So, is 4:35 our goal pace for Sunday then ?

Stu Mac said...

Good to see you completed the set, I was surprised when you told me that you did the 3 x 2000m session.

Anonymous said...

Geez that coach of yours is so hard!

Oh well, better you than me :)

Anonymous said...

You going to be there Sunday? I'm so impressed you kept with it! When I train and I get to the point I feel like I'm going to puke I think I might take it easy on myself but realise I am my only coach. So I know how hard it is to keep pushing yourself.

Just think, you've done it once- you can do it again! Though... no idea why you would actually WANT to but you know....

Rugers