Thursday, July 3, 2008

...luna park ......how fun

oooh luna park.. what fun!!!! my entertainment book has well and truly paid for itself..it had a buy one get unlimited pass free(had 2 vouchers) so we saved $60 toda.woohoo.. anyway so we took Stu's 3 junior burgers there today..but they werent go-getters on the rides..lol././/poor stu had to go on the scenic railway solo(someone had to wait with the 2 year old.. i went on the mini rollercoaster...soooo fun...i laughed hysterically the whole time, the spider thingy, the enterprise -but couldnt find the foothold so i kept slipping, the pirate ship, um some elephant baby ride, the merry go round... only uncomfortable moment was when the middle child(while stu was on a ride) was asking me if i was his gfriend..and then proceeded to tell me that his mum didnt want stu to get a new wife(quite understandable too i might add) and then that it would end in divorce(or something similar) and i didnt want to get divorced did i, but it was ok for me to still hang out with them..and oh yeah that it was a secret(or something-he was talking fast-and it was a bit out of nowhere=i think he didnt want me to say anything to stu..not quite sure)~~.... lol... i think stu came back at a timely moment...lol

anyway..we actually had a great time... get along well with the the kids(from what i can tell...lol...after that convo-who knows..lol)



anyway..the evil one is letting me have a rest day(gosh im funny)..feel a little ill after all the crap i ate today... lol...ill be back running tomorrow.... i said that my usual rest day was friday so i would swap it today..lol... i cant believe he allowed it!!!!

im not going to elaborate on this... but i reckon i learned before the age of 10 that the only person i could ever really rely on was myself. As a result, i HATE to ask people to do anything for me and i tend to be a VERY independent person. Its very rare that i find myself in the position where i need someone to do something or be there for me... and ocassionally i forget the lessons that i learned early on and then something inevitably comes and reminds me. i mean when i was having a lump removed from my breast last year-i wouldnt even let my sister drive me there.anyway no biggie-but a reminder nonetheless

5 comments:

Andrew(ajh) said...

Sometimes dropping those barriers and being a little vulnerable can be a good thing. Leaving the barriers up all the time can be a bit isolating.

Kathryn said...

I haven't been to Luna Park for years - it's always good fun though isn't it.

Anonymous said...

I must get me down to Luna Park once the weather improves.

I LOVE amusement park rides, the scarier the better!!

JH said...

I'm afraid I"ll have to be a lone dissenter here. I don't like Luna Park, and never have, ever since I spewed all over the place age 12 after eating two chocolate eclairs from the cake shop in Ackland street then riding the rollercoaster.

Stu Mac said...

I'd ignore D, he way over complicates things, C is the mini me - nothing fazes him!

LP was cool!