Wednesday, October 31, 2007

..get over yourself

..you know what..i have it pretty good.. i dwell on all sorts of sh1t..that really is not at all imprtant
in june of last year..i went to the doctor after i found a lump....to which her reply...yes that is worriesome..lets get you into the hospital tomorrow..(last day of term...cant it wait til monday...NO) now thats real stress! and thats just the thought of what could happen.. it all ended up ok...a lovely 4 massive needles in my breasts whilst not pleasant..i felt extremey lucky to be given a clean bill of health.. One of my gf's mothers died a few weeks ago, my grandmother is certainly not far off it :( and aparently my father did a very good job of almost cutting his life a little short on the weekend(hes ok) was reading stu's blog and a friend of his has just passed away :(
..sometimes it makes you realise just how lucky you are.. i was feeling VERY sad about my sister leaving...but at the END of the day.. i will see them again..and if i dont manage to make it back to squash..well there are worse things
..


..having said that had such a lovely time with my sister and 2 nieces today..ive been ostriching and everytime i think about..i get a bit upset(like now) however much i rationalise and think logically... my brain is NOT winning this war with my emotions... i am completely gutted...
my family is everything..my brother,sister and I are super close(that happens when your parents are a bit..well eccentric is a nice way of putting it) my bf(best friend) often comments...you guys are sooooo normal..considering......LOL-she has known me since i was 13!

my session tomorrwo is 3x400m @ 90 s with 10-15min warm up and cool down... did i mention stu has actually been coaching me lately...which is why i have been soo restrained(im too scared to step out of line )kidding... i am actually very appreciative

..sorry a bit of a solemn..and not as flippant as usual post.... sigh where is fun jo tonight..oh ok..its her day off! fair enough

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Its so true, and not just about death and illness but also that we get to live our lives in relative luxury compared to most of the world.

Andrew(ajh) said...

OMG - what is it with you and me, I read your posts and you're feeling exactly like me!

I've been in one of those - "I really am not all that badly off" moods today too!

I think it was reading Stu's post yesterday that did it to me too, because of Adrienne's scare last year too. That and things looking up a bit at work I think.

But you're right you do have to look on the bright side, there are a lot of people in this world worse off than us.