Wednesday, September 30, 2009

omg -are they my legs -nooooo they couldnt be

..my legs have officially disowned me!
we did a very hard set yesterday----yeeesh a morning set-what is with that!!!!!!!!!
anyway you may remember me bemoaning the hot 300s last thursday(4 of them with 5min recov)
anyway the proposed set by Tristan(400m hurdler for aus) was 2 sets of 3x300 fast with 10min bw sets, 5 min between reps ..OMG the man is trying to kill me. I knew with my training this would be too big a jump, so decided 5 would b enough.. I trained with boys ranging in age from 13-17...hmmm never gonna keep up with that..the slowest boy runs a 2.32 800(on grass!) but it takes him a while to wind up(year 7) so he actually was only 3-4 mtres ahead of me in each rep. but his knee hurt after one set so the last 2 i was a bit further back.
a bit slower than last week 53,53,54, then 54,55 stu thinks rather than it being a morning session or me being sh#t(which i was blaming) that it may be due to a hard set thus,races sat, long run sunday and then monday a 20min water run(not buoyed but along the ground but it ATE my feet so i did 15mins kickboard instead-thats tiring!)
anyway we had recovery lecture yesterday which was interesting to say the least, the boys played soccer in the afternoon-i went for a walk to buy a muffin for a bday boy, then we had bball after tea, i was just throwing it and my arms spore today! and then a recovery in the water at 9pm last night..and then an exhausted jojo finally got to bed at 10pm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
then at brekky at 7, track session at 8-fortunately tristan is a believer you cant work hard every day, so we did LOADS of drills with explanations about why etc which was ACE and then we did 5x60m strides-progressively faster up to race pace and then a 150 pretty flat out-the year 7 boy only passed me with 3m to go-he had to REALLY work!!!! lol then a physiotherapy lecture, lunch, then a stretch and tone session(killer-we did loads of lunges and squats and push ups and tricep dips and some stretching)
then we had a recovery session in teh pool, walking runnning swimming and then into the hot cold contrast OMG...no let me correct that OMFG that is insane supposedly to shoulder, i got just to belly button height..
we would be in the hot thing, then jump into the cold thing, 1min was unbearable for me(im soft and my feet ache(poor circulation) then hot then cold for 2 mins(couldnt last got out after 1min) then hot then cold for 2 mins-1min20s before i cracked... yes it did help the legs but OMG OMG OMG not something i love
then the boys went back to the track and did some run throughs..i sat this out though. i knew my limits

OH and we have been doing so much walking its crazy..and i have been drinking so much water. NO zero, no alcohol, even my wee is the right colour.. im on a health retreat alright..if only i didnt go back for seconds i would lose weight,but man you get sooooo hungry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
anyway our dinner time is 5.45 so i have to go!

3 comments:

Andrew(ajh) said...

Wow, it sounds like a great camp, you're so lucky!

Ewen said...

You're training like a Pro. Tend to agree with Stu about you not being quite recovered for that hard set.

Don't forget the races tomorrow night if you can get out - sms if you want me to meet you.

Funny about the hot/cold/hot. You ARE soft!

Kathy said...

Sounds like a great camp Jo. Enjoy yourself.