Saturday, September 5, 2009

...a race and tomorrow catching up on blogs

i Just havent had a chance to keep up to date with blogs :( and i really do love to read them, tomorrow i shall catch up



ok after finally getting home from dads after midnight last night and then when the alarm went off for a full on day at sport with the school boys(i was on marshalling duties for 800s,400s and 1500s... gotta say i was a bossy britches, well organised and ummm did i mention bossy and that part of the day went like absolute clockwork...you could hear the peal of my not so dulcet tones. u16 boys 'to me pleas, to me' (very kath and kim in hindsight, line up in schools and i will allocate heats and lanes, and had 3 heats lined up ready to go...no wastage of time!!!!! so 6 hours sleep and 4hours full on. wasnt liking the look of the race at 2pm i can tell yu. We did an elongated warm up(for the benefit of stu who hates it when i use that word, a longer warm up :), CALVES STILL SORE(NOT GOING TO AFFECT MY RUNNIG THOUGH) oops caps lock-acidental... could feel the freaking wind... like im not already freaking out man, my first 800 of every season is HIDEOUS(i usually improve by 15+ secs(but hten i have usually done the 1/2 mara before and have no speed.. anyway there hasnt been heaps of speed work yet but there has been some and i havent done a 22km race!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nor will i!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stu had told me if i didnt run sub 2.45 he would be disappointed. A couple of girls and a boy(400) running with us..did the full lane change which was good 39s first 200, 40s next 200(into the horrible headwind) and um it then that it got a little pear shaped, by this time i was a step or two ahead of the girls and the wind INTO the 400-480 was blowing me backwards...lol....(well it felt ridiculous, it was probs only as strong as someone blowin through a straw...lol
so basically im disappointed i didnt run faster but happy that i didnt run slower-if that MAKES SENSE-it does to me.
It also reminds me how much i love track. I really hope stu organises a couple more of these sessions, i always race better with a couple of races under the belt. I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that my mother trained me(only once aths was 2 weeks away) and 3 nights a week i would do an 800 time trial?) so maybe its more mental????
went out with Mich(duckgirl) and Mark-theyre GREAT COMPANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! gotta love that they dont care if we are boy-ed up or not iehave the rugrats :) :)
anyway, see ya round like a rissole fellow rissolettes :) hehe

3 comments:

Ewen said...

The last time I heard 'bossy britches', Adam was a boy ;)

So what time did you run?! 79 sec first lap plus 'pear shaped'... I'm guessing 2:45 Kath - I mean Kim.

You're right. Short races are good training for short races.

Anonymous said...

Great to catch up again with you and the '4 boys' .... :-) they are always so well behaved ...

Sorry I was nodding off on the couch - what can I say but 'old age' lol

Have fun at the school camp - what a great location for a camp .... !!!

Take care

Eat Em

Anonymous said...

It was a lovely dinner and great to see you guys again. Take it easy at camp.