Wednesday, September 16, 2009

..masochists pay for pain dont they?

..doesn't that make me a masochist?
i paid a LOT of money for a LOT of pain today :(
you may be aware that my back has been giving me grief pretty constantly since ummm ohhhh may and whilst it marginally improved the back sezure a couple of weeks ago has resulted in mega duty anti inflamms ever since.
anyway appointment time with Dr K today, so i booked in with Narelle for a massage first under the mistakn belief that jut maybe i could avoid the dry needling in the back-even according to karen it is a horrible place to have the needling :(

anyway decided a massgae and karen were enough for one day so did not run today. the massage was ummmm ummmmm needed but not nice! my calves and achilles have been super tight lately..and Narelle was exclaiming over how tight the right one was(and the hammy was tight too)- that was until she started on the left one... at one stage when it was pretty hairy-she's gone 'ooooooh i can feel your pain" anyway in hte end she said she would leave the back for karen as she needed to finish my legs... the shins and outer calves were quite ridiculous-and there was a lot of giggling when she was doing my feet!im waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay ticklish.

then narelle decide she couldnt get my left calf loose- so i HAD to ASK Dr K to put needles into my calves at insertion points.
What the- now i have to ASK for more pain -bugger

anyway karen VERY unhappy with my back(stupid barney) i believe she said it was a mess. im going to have to go in weekly for a bit! bugger more dry needling. and it was soooooooooooooooooooooooo bad that it made me cry. I didnt even cry when my knee was hanging apart last year. and karen only put it in and didnt even turn it and push it in further half way through. she put in loads of needles :( it hurt to laugh-it just all hurt but needles going in were DREADFUL-either the worst or 2nd worst ever! However when she put the ones in my calf, they really just felt like pin pricks.Enjoyable in comparison :)

and she asked why i hadnt been in more reguarly and i said because it was hard when working 6 days a week and when i rang i couldnt get in. She was like what do you mean-when you have flare ups, call and i will put you in that day.so i told her i have done that and i CANT get in.she said did you talk to A-yes and she was surprised so she has said she is going to talk to her for when i call next time

anyway a day of pain-sick of the back-feeling sorry for myself now -

2 comments:

Andrew(ajh) said...

I feel your pain, paying for pain is not a good thing, at least Medicare will give you some of it back, but queuing up in there is another sort of pain isn't it.

Hope the back settles for you!

Em said...

Ouch, I am cringing just reading that, it's the WORST when she starts twiddling around with the needles, it literally takes my breath away.