Saturday, September 26, 2009

..ewwwww 2 time trials is ALWAYS going to hurt

...plan for today
timetrial an 800 (aiming for sub 2.45-feel like i should be at about 2.42 at the mo) and anything under 70- stu hadnt set me ANY goals so they were just mine
-this was also a fairly heavy week of running for me-dont laugh-this is HEAVY for me 40kms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! been ages since then and remember i do some tough quality sets which means only about5kms is covered

anyway only had a couple drinks last night and drove-pat on back for me...woohoo
one of our friends (David) kindly agreed to be my pacer-YAY cos stu had hurt his ankle and none of stu's juniors are running 2.45 this early in the season
omg-when we got there, the wind was NOT pretty AT ALL!!!!! it was worse than 2 weeks ago. i said to stu-is there any point doing a timetrial, its just gonna be ugly.. maybe we should do a tough rep set
NO
okay then-nuff said.....lol
did a longer warm up,
then it was time to race-fortunately stu basically said to the kids to NOT be in front of david or myself unless they were going to run 2.45 or faster so i didnt have to go around anyone either

went through first lap in 80/81 and tried to work into the wind in the 400-500 -hit the 600 in 2.04(exactly the same as the last timtetrial) and then really worked for the last 200 to get 2.44.x so the last 200 in 40 made me VERY happy. The wind had to be worth 3seconds(without a doubt) pacing was great, he sat JUST in front of me and so took some of the wind. i was super happy with this run :) 3 sec faster than last time AND in stronger winds and i finished much stronger
-here are the 100 splits- so could probably have gone a little faster in the first 400

19.93, 20.41,20.51, 20.91, 21.41(wind), 20.49, 20.49, 19.28(the 6,7 splits were halved as missed)

which means the 200 splits are 40.34 41.42 41.9 39.7

then 15mins(just over) rest before we had to do a 400 time trial. I was NOT looking forward to that. One of stu's girls ran a 66 last year and pumped me in the first 300 rep on thursday so i wasnt sure whether she might beat me(was good to have someone to RACE though) i was in lane 3, she in lane 4- she took off like the wind-2-3m ahead at the 200 so i started to push at the 200 and overtook at the 180-came home strong and finished in 68.98. I was super impressed by this. i didnt run 68.x until late january last season
last season -ran 70.7,70.1,69.9,69.1 before i ran a 68.1
and when i i was running sub 70s my 800s were 2.41/2.40 so it definitely shows the impact of the wind. Much more affected in an 800 than a 400

then out with the lovely bf and now he is slow cooking pork ribs for dinner. nice....but i am verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyy tuckered out i must say

so YES te coach did know best and forced me to run and FINALLY i have walked away saying i have run well..yay gives me a bit of confidence

2 comments:

Ewen said...

Good splits. You're strong. That's how I'd run an 800, 'cept I'd be 2 secs per 200 slower.

jojo said...

thanks Ewen.... i felt strong yesterday, i think i woud have been faster in a real race-hard to gee yourself up for a TT(especially in the wind!)