Monday, September 7, 2009

..my legs precede me

oh sorry ewen, i forgot to post the time 2.47(yuk) but also faster than i thought i would go.i suspected about 2.50(and it was very windy)(since last 3 years i have run 2.55+ for the first run) so all in all its ok..
i also checked out the competition(googled their names) couldnt find everyone but their is 5 people who if i run very well, i can potentially get past...with 13 in the race i have 3 goals(in order) for the world masters games in a month---ooooh scary man-what WAS i thinking
1) make the final(not likely, would have to run my butt off but definitely possible-and i usually race well-modest 2 apparently..lol)
2) beat the girl who beat me in the 400/800 at the state masters champs(silver medallist-not gold-she is way too good-gold gal-60s uncontested 400-she is AMAZING)
3) run a sub 2.40 race (which would bode well for rest of the season.) it starts from hardest to easiest, but all mean having to work hard! ps i like to have goals :)
and if i dont get any of those goals, last one(and very do-able)
-have a great weekend away with my lovely bf :) yes sucky but i gotta have one goal i CAN achieve so its not a waste of $1000!!!!

oh and the title
...apparently ........ my legs are immediately recognisable..... lol... aparently Em saw long strawberry hair then legs and knew immediately it was me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so confident she came up from behind me and grabbed me to say hey-without even saying my name to double check... well i guess she has probably seen my legs more than any other gal!!!!!!!!!!! lotsa lotsa water running together(and races) and well she cant help it if she cant take her eyes off my fluoro legs..LOL(kidding) they are fluoro white and its a bit like moths drawn to a light-its hard NOT to look at something freakish... hehe funny gal (shhhh stu-let me live the dream that im funny!)

happy camper
didnt run tonihgt... have decided(and i think stu realises how important this is) that if i have to miss a day of running so i can do clinical pilates, SO BE IT.. after hte last week and a bit which really has not been pleasant backwise, my new way of thinking is "CLINICAL PILATES" is a MUST once per week...NO EXCUSES and i mean NO EXCUSES even if it means skipping a run

im also on holidys on thursday..have already booked in for wed(and have left time to run b4) OMG my legs were shaking today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! will be going 3 times a week for the first two weeks of holidays... and the 2 weeks b4 masters -No drinking(ughgh wate r water water is allowed of course), no eating crap and NO COKE ZERO! so a happy jo(NOT) ps i cleaned a bit of my car today and realised just how much RUBBISH i eat-i need to try and eat like an athlete- and a runner athlete, not a shotputter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the plan is also to EAT very healthy over the holidays-will make lovely focaccias(small amount of cheese) on lovely turkish bread or cape seed rolls hmmmmm yum yum... and yes i do believ i CAN stick to this...even though my past belies this belief!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

have fun munchkins and munchkinettes :) xoxoxox

2 comments:

Em said...

That's why I like to stand next to you on the start line, you are the only person I have met whose legs are even whiter than mine ;-p

Ewen said...

Yes, 2:47 is good first up. Low 2:30s after Christmas. You CAN make the final in Sydney.

Funny? Mmm, well, your spelling and exclamation marks are funny. Get Stu to buy you a pair of white Skins - that would be funny.