Sunday, June 1, 2008

...well i made it

..oooh oooh before i forget...i need your assistance...what is a 6 letter girlsname begining with 'C' im out at carmel,

anyway..the 15kms today was ummmmmm how to put it so i dont sound like a whinger..ok this is what i would say...... ummmm done

so i made it but it hurt a lot- and at 4kms i was REALLY feeling it... it was very hilly(up and down) and i am not fit enough..i didnt race as such but i also dont think i couldve run much faster even if i had tried
anyway here are the splits./... not rounded...just truncated...lol
1. 5:09 6. 5:18 11. 5.26
2. 5.04 7. 5.11 12. 5:12
3. 5:12 8. 5.15 13. 5.25
4. 4:49 9. 5.09 14. 5:04
5. 5:05 10. 4:56 15. 4:49
so by my garmin 1.17.20 for 15km (5:09 ave) but it measured 100m extra so my actual recored time is about 30s more than that... pleased overall
..saw Em, sam, tony, and surprise surprise i did see stu there...lol

so after i had recovered -about 15mins later i started to feel a bit better. but in the actual race there was about 20 mins i enjoyed..my favourite part of running is always 40-60mins and this was my good part.. it also coincides with where i tacked on with two other people...who unfortunately were making me run the flats a bit too fast and a bit too slow on the hills..so i rested on the hills...lol
..anyway... im happy that i made it...i had grave doubts... initially i knew i had to finish as we had exactly 7 people (2 teams) but then one of our girls had to pull out...so i was thinking khmmmmmmm i dont really have to finihs now.... and then i did the count 1,2,3 d'oh im our 4th runnner(div1) and the other girl running for us is about 18 mins behind me....d'oh i really DO have to finish
..anyway as my coach would say ..kms in the bank

and yesterday i went to have a 40min nap and ended up napping for 3 hours...wow!!!!!!!!!!!! but then i have been under the weather this week

BUT there was NO lingering illness today AT all... the slow time is simply me being unfit ...absolutely nothing else..
..watching james bond..the 1962 version.. drool..a bit of sean ..lol

7 comments:

Kathy said...

Claire, Charys, Celine, Callie .. I'm out.

Glad you enjoyed 20 mins of your run. Interesting recovery method though. Mine involves staying in bed and doing nothing.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I can't add any to Kathy's list, I really hate it when crossword writers throw in the boys name/girls name questions just for the letters, it is lazy!

I know you hate the "you did well considering..." statement, but seriously, good work today, I know how hard 15km is when you are coming off a low base so well done, many people would have taken the easy option and not run.

Anonymous said...

LOL, forgot to add, glad I am not the only one into hunks from days of yore, I was drolling over an old Clint Eastwood film on Friday night :-)

Andrew(ajh) said...

Carmen, Cassie, Cecile, Cherie, Cherry, Cheryl, Connie, Cybill ... that's me done.

Well done today .. great effort.

I reckon the Bond girls were hotter back then too!

Ewen said...

I'm sure your coach was pleased you made it... not to mention your team.

I like Cybill.

Anonymous said...

What about Corrie!!!

So are you feeling better now?

Stu Mac said...

None of them are the name you are looking for!!