Sunday, June 29, 2008

a great weekend at bendigo

..yes i had a very fun weekend, throw in a bit of running and life is good
..oh and being on holidays doesnt hurt either :) :)

racing:
saw em(well she nearly ran me over actually in her truck...lol.. i know i know em- i was talking on my phone and not paying attention) so then i hung out with her for a while and then it was time to start the ferrying
...coburgs organisation of this was hmmmmmmm... seriously... anyway i wont say too much on the matter-but it was quite frustrating
anyway my race- i took off fast after being given the sash in the completely last place of every team competing in ANY division... and then the downhill JUST about killed my back (am very very sore today) anyway was running mainly at 4:40min/km but then i hit a really really big hill and knowing we were last no matter what- i confess i WALKED most of the hill..so my time ended up being an average of 5min/kms. and then one of the boys(who is about 20 SANDWICHES short of a picnic forgot where he said he was meeting the person picking up so i hate to wait for half an hour with him...anyway there was more to it..but grrrrrrr.. people making other plans and not actually telling anyone when they changed it ...lol

then back to the hotel, went for a swim in the heated pool-then dinner at the bistro of our hotel. it was soooo funny, one of the guys wife was an absolute cracker- we had a great giggle and then she shortsheeted the guys sheets...lol... and they didnt even notice- it was just too funny when i was asking brian how he slept.... anyway drank an absolute BUCKETLOAD of wine/champers etc..woke up a bit disoriented in the middle of the night trying to work out where i was and who i was in bed with.... lol- it was di ..stu was staying with the wes aths group... too busy to talk with teh likes of me...heehee just kidding... anyway it was soooo funny... rohan was asking if stu was my coach and after i ummed and aaahed for a bit- i then said he was also my bf..... and hes going on about what a great guy stu is (well sometimes he's alright i suppose ;) pmsl anyway he then goes- youve done really well there...... and ive gone....nah- dont you mean stu has done really well to get me...and then i just about fell off my chair i was laughing so hard

70min run this morning...super slow over 6min/kms..back is not great- ill be in the water tomorrow- thats for sure- and then a bbq with bacon and egg muffin for brekky
then driving home-i musta rung stu ONE MILLION times(lol) cos i decided to go the sneaky squirrel way but didnt quite know the way
then we just ambled around werribee and then i had a teensy nap-- miss jojo is very tuckered out
guess who is sleeping in tomorrow

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The night before my sisters wedding I shared a hotel room with my sister and sister-in-law. We gave my sister a bed to herself for her last night as a "free" woman and I shared a bed with sis-in-law. The next morning she said she rolled over in the night and nearly gave me a hug because she thought I was my brother, Yikes, there's a scary thought!

Don't you love the feeling on a Sunday night when you know you don't have to get up and go to work on a Monday!!! I do!!! What to do tomorrow?? who cares!

Kathryn said...

Sounds like a fun weekend :D

Ewen said...

Congratulations. You found the right starting place for your leg.

Stu Mac said...

Well done on getting out there on Sunday morning..., I know how hard that was....I only just made 60