Sunday, May 18, 2008

..why do people say that

..you would think of ALL the people to say it... my bf would know better than to say... you cant possibily get lost...LOL i really thought he knew me better than that..
he toodled off to bacchus marsh or somehwere and sent me to go running at riverbend by myself?? in werribee... found that fine... and umm was supposed to just run along hte river....yeah seems simple enough..all going well...well not really but ill get to that in a minnie)anyway on teh way back..i ummm missed where my car was parked and ..umm walking through this residential section..and im feeling a bit perturbed..going dont remember running through this..oh well we all know IM VERY unobservant... keep wandring and end up on some ESTATE...lol still not convinced..spend about 5 mins trying to work it out when i finally decide to CEDE to teh fact that yes i am indeed lost..lol... I SUCK BIG TIME... and so i had to ask some random people where to go..and theyve kinda gone youre supposed to be where... ummm keep going ack the way you came ...yuo cant miss it(apparently they dont know me LOL) nyway walked back..in teh end after stopping running at 53 mins i got back to my car at 1hr 28 mins...oopsa daisy
//ok the run itself
...ummmmmmmm let me see if i can define it in one word... Ummmm oh there it is SH1T or if i have a thesaurus handy crap, rubbish, terrible, nonexistent,snail
you may have the gist now... yes well it started off poorly when my legs decided to stay home and i accidently brought along two logs of lead... 7 mins in i was busting and had to climb down a steep section..not far to go for a bit of a squat...lucky no one walked past the other side of the river(i remember once on the yarra some rowers rowing past...very embarrasing for miss jojo it was) back to running.... got to the turn around point(which ended up being after 26mins because the train line bridge was flooded and when i went up the hill to see if alternate route it was just roads etc...i had already had to walk for a minute here and there..anytime there was a hill no matter how small i reverted to a walk...i had NOTHING in the legs..in fact i had NEGATIVE energy in teh sill legs.and had to walk 2 or 3 times on the way back as well before getting lost...

oh and Em i strongly disagree with your comment i havent lost much fiteness since run for kids..if i had even mantained...i would have run 46mins.. and my fitness ran pout at 4kms and i managaed to suck it up(and probs stioll had some residual fitness until 7kms) after that i had nothing..i literally had to talk myself into continuing(not something i usually have a problem with) and sing songs to myself.... it was pure mind over matter for the last 3kms..... so a weekdn of kms in the legs,,,but a terrible weekend of running

on the plus side..lat week sunday to sat i ran 31.5kms..not too bad for a return ..
...and i have done sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much homework that my eyes ahve gone all googly..have had to stop.. definitely time for a wine :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, I was just trying to be positive :-(

I don't think you are in such a bad position, especially as you couldn't even hit the pool. It'll come together again.

Sorry you got lost, same thing would have happened to me, I need to get myself one of those GPS phones.

Anonymous said...

I think you might need a portable GPS unit...oh that's right, you have one on your wrist :0)

You crack me up Chicky!