Saturday, May 17, 2008

..not fast..but a race nonetheless

..hmmm after teh shananigans with my back i was very concerned about whether to run...i have done some serious taping and saw my sports doc yesterday.. he said he was perplexed by my back and has sent me off for an MRI... but thinking SIJ...sigh and if the procedure he wants done gets done....ummm apparently it is quite painful...AWESOME.... lol....
anyway 2 days anti biotics..only a few tweaks this morning -might as well give sandown a burl//// but know i cant race it.... pb's at sandown 2 years ago 45:36 and i am chomping at the bit to break that
..not even the remotest of possibilities today..so was aiming for sub 50 mins with max pace average of 4:45m/k started off fast 4:36, next km into a hill 5 mins... then even out to 24:15 for the first 5.....OMG i just about died at the 4km mark...so so tired..at 7kms i was wondering if i could keep going.. back hurt and my legs well they didnt really belong to me anymore...this was the time i saw stu and yelled out..why on earth did you let me run this.. his response of course.... I DIDNT

anyway was really struggling..so sang a song in my head to try to dull the start walking thoughts which crept into my head
with 1km to go i was at 44:15 and im like ok ill break 50- better try to beat 49..so tried to up the pace(no sprint tho i was ker-nackered) and ran th e alst km in 4:34 to record 48:49 only 3:13 slwoer than my pb :( but all things considered a very reasonable run.. unfortunately it didnt feel good though
..any way time to move on
..oh hang on..one thing there was this guy next to me who kept loudly farting(and i couldnt overtake him...well sometimes i would then he would) but it was like fetid air(and it was open air) but at one stage it was so bad that i was like wooooooaaaaaaaaa and exclaimed out loud..i couldnt breathe for about 15 mtres and very nearly gagged
..anyway a tough day at the office for miss jo...quads and calves hate me and the other knee hurts..have skins on...
but you know what ..for all of that PAIN...MISS JO IS BACK RUNNING....woohoo and it wont be long before i can post a REASONABLE time aging so happy campers :( :(

..oh and YES stu....you were right(of course) i wasnt fit enough to run..was in a bit of distress at teh end of the run....
oh and awesome effort today Ems....well done :) next year....you and me-sandown showdown!!!

3 comments:

Andrew(ajh) said...

Great to see you back on the track Jo - well done today.

Anonymous said...

Oh god, that is so gross, what a pig!

I know it is not much consolation but to run at around the same pace you did R4K after having 5 weeks off is brilliant, you should take heart from the fact that although it was bloody hard you have not lost a massive amount of fitness. Once you are back to regular training it will all start coming together again.

I really admire the way you are able to deal with you back as well, I can't imagine how much grief it must give you.

Stu Mac said...

$$$$ (km's) in the bank, the % will pay dividends in the future!